Vengeance

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
moritheil
Sojourner

Vengeance

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:18 pm

If a mob has already killed a large number of people this wipe, I propose that we insert code to make the mob worth much more exp than it normally would be worth =)

To keep things simple, you could restrict this to certain mobs in certain zones, so that a mob would have to be flagged in order for the code to keep track of the people it's killed. Examples might be the wandering Paladin groups, Pada in Brass, Paracs in Rib, Lord E in HP, Utgard-Loki in Jot, Imix, and Yan.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Cordan
Sojourner

Re: Vengeance

Postby Cordan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:49 pm

moritheil wrote:If a mob has already killed a large number of people this wipe, I propose that we insert code to make the mob worth much more exp than it normally would be worth =)

To keep things simple, you could restrict this to certain mobs in certain zones, so that a mob would have to be flagged in order for the code to keep track of the people it's killed. Examples might be the wandering Paladin groups, Pada in Brass, Paracs in Rib, Lord E in HP, Utgard-Loki in Jot, Imix, and Yan.

I've seen this in another mud before where you see the real value of your xp. Only it was standard on all mobs. This is really only helpful at lower levels for groups doin xp and people dying during the fight.

What would be funny is a warrior and cleric xping, and the cleric "forgetting" to heal, and the warrior dies right before the mob is dead.

Cleric group-says 'Damn dude, sorry about that, but holy crap, i got a ton of xp!'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:27 pm

I'd go on more mori CRs.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:28 pm

I think I used to play a mud where you didn't get xp back from being ressed (can't remember if you could be ressed or not). Instead the mob became worth more xp, so if you killed the mob, you got most of your xp back.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:22 am

Mitharx wrote:I'd go on more mori CRs.

Well, I presume it would encourage people to CR other people more, in general.

Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:44 am

I can't remember now which mud. But I remember Kwirl talking about some mud where they had dragons that got exp from group spanks. The more kills the dragon got the harder it became. Each dragon had its own mini lair type zone. Even if the mud crashed or rebooted it would still be in memory of what that dragon did. Eventually there was this one infamous dragon that kept killing so many groups that the entire mud got 100 people to go into the dragon lair to kill it. It had huge exp and a huge hoard of loot to divide amongst everyone. I remember when I read that I thought that was the coolest thing. This mud should implement something like this would be fun to get a ton of people to slay just one dragon. As it should be. But I am talking about like great ancient dragons that are so huge they could destroy a city. 1000ft + high and dragons are listed in the monster manual as being able to reach this age/height/power over thousands of years. Remember this would take like months real life for a mob to become that powerful but the concept of what we are talking about relates to this example and should be considered in spicing up the game more. Who cares if some other mud has it you won’t be exactly copying them anyway. Its not as if they were the first to think of it this idea has been kicked around for sometime just in different stages of our reincarnation of the mud.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:01 pm

yes i too thought it would be neat to see this on toril... I beleive it was avalon mud.

problems: group limits.

kwirl mentioned one that had lived like 6 months or something and slain dozens of groups and eventually took over 100 "heros" to kill. Any dragon that needed more than 15 to kill would become a permanent feature of the game.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:06 pm

A dragon not in a zone can still be done Neo. Form a few 15 man groups and charge! :p

Pril
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:05 pm

I like the idea of every kill that the mob has making it a little stronger - players get exp from mobs, why not mobs get "exp" for players? As long as the mobs follow the same exp "leveling out" that players do - 1000 xp for level 1, 1,000,000 xp for level 40, 1,000,000,000,000 xp for level 50 (PLEASE NOTE THAT NUMBERS ARE COMPLETELY FALSE!!!)

Seems like a cool idea to me. And if the rewards increase with the risk, so much the better!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:51 am

Pril wrote:A dragon not in a zone can still be done Neo. Form a few 15 man groups and charge! :p

Pril

is that accurate? you can have > 15 man groups for encounters that aren't a "zone" perse?
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:48 am

rer wrote:I like the idea of every kill that the mob has making it a little stronger - players get exp from mobs, why not mobs get "exp" for players? As long as the mobs follow the same exp "leveling out" that players do - 1000 xp for level 1, 1,000,000 xp for level 40, 1,000,000,000,000 xp for level 50 (PLEASE NOTE THAT NUMBERS ARE COMPLETELY FALSE!!!)

Seems like a cool idea to me. And if the rewards increase with the risk, so much the better!

Well, the dynamic object creation aspect of it would be really hard to balance, as it would require the hardcoding of Dug's point system, at the least, and an intelligent way of differentiating randomly created items from normal, standard items.

Knowing this, I didn't really intend to suggest that loot increase, just that exp increase.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:26 pm

Dragons can obviously be done and I see it frequently.

Wyrms can be done as well I believe - if you're willing to adjust your tactics.

As for the idea behind this thread - persistent mobs - that could be a fun idea in some form, and is certainly doable. Its something we'll think about for the future.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:23 am

Does this mean IC2 is even doable? New dragon procs, new rhemo procs, no safety.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:42 am

Safety?

Dalar, since when are you afraid of adding a few corpses? If I remember, when Musp first went in, it ate up around 200 corpses (Dug used to keep the count in his id line)

Who g

Dugmaren (Muspelheim 262 players 0)

or something like that.

Risk v. Reward
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:13 am

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth Alphabet.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:01 am

Vigis wrote:Safety?

Dalar, since when are you afraid of adding a few corpses? If I remember, when Musp first went in, it ate up around 200 corpses (Dug used to keep the count in his id line)

Who g

Dugmaren (Muspelheim 262 players 0)

or something like that.

Risk v. Reward

Please do IC2 before making comments like that.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 pm

Have.

Thanks, Drive Through

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”