Squids: drain crystal

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
chandigar
Sojourner

Squids: drain crystal

Postby chandigar » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:38 pm

Just throwing out a quick squid idea:

Add the ability to drain charged psp crystal?

It'll mainly just speed up those situations where we don't have slaves to eat, but will still involve more work than merely just medding for 15 mins.

Any thoughts?
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:39 pm

Never played a squid, but through conversions/posts this seems to help solve psp problems. Mmmmmm...canned brains....
Meatshield
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:27 pm

Why would we drain something when the psp gets automatically used? Unless your talking a canibalize type conversion rate.

Or are you talking like, fillcrystal x, where you sacrifice like x of your psp that goes into the crystal? Which still doesn't help anytime you're off zoning. It does help while doing xp I guess, but thats not really the point of having more psps.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:13 am

What would REALLY be nice for crystals is the ability to put them into a slot so that squids can use the "put all bag" command and not have to recharge their damn crystal.

Also it would be nice if all the teleport orbs could be looked at and have more keywords added in (a good one is in IC "touch throbbing" a bad one is in ET, with my 'a glowing crystal sphere' I've yet to find a keyword that doesn't default to my psp crystal). When there isn't a good keyword we have to put our crystal into a bag and lose the charge.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:04 am

What I mean is:

When you med and chargepsp at the same time, you're effectively almost doubling your mana regen rate (crystal regen + psp pool regen) but you need to completely drain all your psps to use the crystal mana. Then when when medding and the crystal is full, you're still far below max in your reg pool.

What I propose is basically this:

Both pool and crystal at 0.
Charge/med.
Pool's at 200ish out of 400, crystal is full at 125.
Drain crystal.
Pool goes to 325, crystal at 0.
Charge/med.
Top off both pool and crystal.

Notice, this doesn't help you at all if you have slaves etc, so really it only makes up for the extended regen time when theres nothing to drain.
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:09 pm

I'm still not sure where this helps. It takes me exactly the same amount of time +- 3 seconds to fill up my crystal and fill up my psps. So if I empty my crystal into my mana pool, it takes me the same amount of time to fill up the crystal again as if I woulda medded from 0.

Partial drains might help, but given that every psi skill has a lag, drain lag+ charge lag + med delay lag from the charge lag probably would take longer than just sitting there and meditating, which negates any possible benifits.

And Vahok, this does not solve any psp problems raised earlier, which mostly delt with weighting eq in the new system and actual bugs.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:33 pm

ahh ok, guess this won't help the lvl 50s much then. But as a lvl 30, by the time I fill my shard I'm only medded about 250 psp (out of 470).

Ergo being able to transfer my shard and continue medding would help lower level squids (which is still significant).
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:38 pm

Theres an age bonus associated with meditating also. Talk to some of the really high psi's for info. Course having this age bonus also tends to provoke the !regen bug.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”