improvement to the "waiting room"

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

improvement to the "waiting room"

Postby Abbayarra » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:47 am

After my recent unpleasant experience in the "waiting room" I have at least one idea on how to improve the wait. Please put an ATM and a Gambling machine.
I've played for many years and I"m still upset and thus not ready to return. The attitudes of many of the people here from what I've seen stinks. It was eye opening and a real disappointment. The staff is not to blame for how these people treat other people.
For shame on you people.
Maedor
Sojourner

Re: improvement to the "waiting room"

Postby Maedor » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:30 pm

Abbayarra wrote:After my recent unpleasant experience in the "waiting room" I have at least one idea on how to improve the wait. Please put an ATM and a Gambling machine.
I've played for many years and I"m still upset and thus not ready to return. The attitudes of many of the people here from what I've seen stinks. It was eye opening and a real disappointment. The staff is not to blame for how these people treat other people.
For shame on you people.

The cage/waiting rooms really aren't that bad! You lose mud abilities, but gain so many real life abilities..i think the cage/waiting room are +max_social_life
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:33 pm

I've played for many years.

Your attitude, from what I've seen stinks.

It is eye opener and a real disappointment.

The staff is not to blame for how you place expectations on people whom you have no businses telling how to act.

For shame on you.

for you, I have the same indignation you express for the rest of us.

enjoy the fall.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:47 pm

One of the cool things about this BBS is you can click on a player's name, and then click the link to read all posts by that player. Then you get this neat summary listing of all their posts. From there you can kinda see what kinda person they've been to others, as well.

*shrug*

Bye Tom.
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:13 am

Abbayarra wrote:After my recent unpleasant experience in the "waiting room" I have at least one idea on how to improve the wait. Please put an ATM and a Gambling machine.
For shame on you people.

Couldn't think of a more subtle way to post an idea huh? lol

I understand what you mean, some players waltz around like their shit dont stink. I'm not gonna say it's the "elitists" cuz I know several elite peeps that are very nice. Do what I do, #gag. Don't let them get to you. Don't respond to their nonsense. Talking back to an idiot is just adding fuel to the fire.

As far as I know the waiting room is only stuck in a couple zones that it was badly needed in, and I don't see a bad experience with it as a reason to quit something you've been involved in for many years.

Really most of the mud is still good people, but idiots stand out so...

Lastly, posting on the bbs about them is only going to get idiots taking pot shots at you, and an unneeded thread of discontentment for newbies to read. It really just blows the situation out of proportion.

Enough rambling, when in doubt, #gag. :D
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:37 am

Vorkul Tigerclaw wrote:Enough rambling, when in doubt, #gag. :D

I am a large fan of the gag.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:08 pm

As zone leader, and a BBS browser that has seen three threads now on the same topic, I have a responsibility to explain what happened.

Abbayarra had to go sooner than I realized during a TTF run. He was unable to wait for me to well him out and simply camped in the zone. Had he given me a little more advance notice, or told me he was camping, I would have directed him out of the zone via welling or walking.

I was probably remiss in not telling/reminding him that TTF would take a couple of hours, since I thought that he knew. I apologize for the lapse in oversight.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:49 pm

Do you really expect anybody to side with you when you're crying like a little baby and throwing a temper tantrum? We're going to laugh at you. I don't care who you are. You could have been Dugmaren and I would have still laughed at you. Whining on the BBS just because you can't play due to the waiting room is just plain sad.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:44 am

TTF eh? Couldn't get out of TTF but had time to camp? Mori mang, you ahve to start taking mages to zones.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:49 pm

hey sarell that's not fair it's hard to type "c 'gate' smoke" seriously though it was a silly situation with a silly result and some silly complaining not sure why everyone got their panties in a bunch over it.

Pril
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:36 pm

Sarell wrote:TTF eh? Couldn't get out of TTF but had time to camp? Mori mang, you ahve to start taking mages to zones.

Had about eight, but I'll keep that in mind.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:12 am

gate smoke, enter portal, ld. WOW
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:39 am

Dalar wrote:gate smoke, enter portal, ld. WOW

Oh, look, Dalar knows how to gate smoke!

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:18 pm

*CHEER DALAR*

woot! go elite players! :p *tease dalar*

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”