Lich spell idea

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Is Mori out of his gourd?

Yes
67%
Sure
No votes
Ayup
27%
No
7%

Total votes: 15
moritheil
Sojourner

Lich spell idea

Postby moritheil » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:01 am

Necros and liches have "heal undead," which functions like a normal heal, only it can't actually erase status effects.

Liches endure a long quest to become masters of undeath.

Therefore . . . I present . . .

UNDEAD GHEAL! (Negative energy flux)

- works just like gheal.
- heals grouped undead.
- proposed 9th circle spell (because the only lich unique there is lich touch, and this neatly mirrors 9th circle gheal for shamans)
- totally useless except for healing undead.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:04 am

To clarify, I'm proposing we call the spell "Negative energy flux;" you can certainly call it what you want but the idea is an "undead gheal."

It might or might not be able to heal blindness, at the implementor's discretion, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. Healers have enough to worry about unblinding tanks and mages without having to worry about undead pets too. Plus, a significant targetted nuke slot would have to be used to mem this.

Oh, and the need to group undead would be an additional penalty; to make it more feasible for liches to zone you could simply have it heal all undead following the lich, or rather all player-side-flagged undead . . . or, to be wacky, it could heal all the undead in the room! After all, why should the negative energy influx discriminate?

Please post comments!

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:42 pm

Not really needed. Make pets be able to heal us again. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:08 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Not really needed. Make pets be able to heal us again. :P

Uh, not to question your expertise, but are you sure? In like 4 of the last 5 zones we had a lich for, the lich's pets kept dying left and right. They didn't really accomplish much because they kept having to make more pets.

Now, I realize some zones (say, TF) are more lich friendly than others (like Clouds), but how is it that you're not having any problems keeping pets alive?

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:13 pm

moritheil wrote:
Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Not really needed. Make pets be able to heal us again. :P

Uh, not to question your expertise, but are you sure? In like 4 of the last 5 zones we had a lich for, the lich's pets kept dying left and right. They didn't really accomplish much because they kept having to make more pets.

Now, I realize some zones (say, TF) are more lich friendly than others (like Clouds), but how is it that you're not having any problems keeping pets alive?

how many zone groups have the slots open for mulitple pets? not many! .. if so then perhaps thats why you had deaths
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:39 pm

moritheil wrote:

Pets are all well and good, but 1.Pets will rarely get grouped in a tough zone, i.e. one where you actually have 15 people smiting. 2.Pets don't typically last long enough as you've stated, which is typically while we'll bind/balm as we go, a group heal undead spell is just not worth it.

I'd personally prefer old pets with the current setup. I miss the prisming/stoning wraiths. But, that's just me, and I don't know what i'm talking about.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:34 pm

what, so they can solo even more stuff? I can definately see the need
to heal the undead in a large group situation with areas flying all over the
place, but i don't think the fix would be an "undead gheal". gotta be
another way that won't further improve the soloability of liches.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:10 pm

moritheil wrote:Uh, not to question your expertise, but are you sure? In like 4 of the last 5 zones we had a lich for, the lich's pets kept dying left and right. They didn't really accomplish much because they kept having to make more pets.

Name of the game. That's why necro/lich was given soul shackles, so every big fight you can mass soul bind and keep springing up replacement pets as you move thru the zone, as well as be able to do utility and damage during the fight instead of soul binding each target one at a time. (I gotta get me one of those area press staffs too. ;) )

Limited pets is also why lich gets more castable spells then any other caster at 50th. The additionals are usually animates (well they are for me).

It's all part of how the class is set up. That's why most of today's insta-lich's don't stick with the class. It's a baby sitting job, and apparently too tedious for most folks.

3 Most popular things that lead to pet limitability:
1) warriors not rescuing them
2) not grouped so don't get beneficial group spells and die from areas
3) lich/necro not remembering to self re-heal them during memups
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:20 pm

As much as that makes sense, the way it was was just too unbalancing.

And I don't mean just in solo circumstances, I mean in group circumstances. All circumstances.

I'm sure everyone would like to have 2-3 41+ healers with high casting ability (takes a while to drain a wraith or ghost of heal undeads) at their beck and call.

Add it all up, and it's more powerful then giving lich's full heal.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Re: Lich spell idea

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:24 pm

moritheil wrote:Necros and liches have "heal undead," which functions like a normal heal, only it can't actually erase status effects.

Liches endure a long quest to become masters of undeath.

Therefore . . . I present . . .

UNDEAD GHEAL! (Negative energy flux)

- works just like gheal.
- heals grouped undead.
- proposed 9th circle spell (because the only lich unique there is lich touch, and this neatly mirrors 9th circle gheal for shamans)
- totally useless except for healing undead.

The majority of necro/lich zoners don't use solids as their pets. They use wraiths or ghosts. Wraiths, ghosts, and shadows all have heal undead at higher levels.

Group heal undead is utterly not needed when the pets can already heal themselves, and so can the player. Heal undead does about 90hps. Isn't that, more or less, what a gheal is when you think about it?

gheal undead effectively exists already, all you gotta type is:
"Order followers c 'heal undead' self;c 'heal undead' me'

*shrug*
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:28 pm

Llaaldara wrote:

As much as that makes sense, the way it was was just too unbalancing.

And I don't mean just in solo circumstances, I mean in group circumstances. All circumstances.

I'm sure everyone would like to have 2-3 41+ healers with high casting ability (takes a while to drain a wraith or ghost of heal undeads) at their beck and call.

Add it all up, and it's more powerful then giving lich's full heal.

Yeah. I know the balance it'd cause. Regardless, I'd still like to see it. :P
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:42 am

My alias to heal my pets has always been o followers c 'heal u' self and restart meditate. And, I call it gheal. Truthfully, having my pets cast this version of gheal on themselves saves me much mem time (cause humans mem freak'in slow, even with 150 int) and I don'tt have to forget some of my wonderful offensive spells to do it.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”