T-Wipe?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Yasden
Sojourner

T-Wipe?

Postby Yasden » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:11 pm

We've all been dealing with trophy for some time, and those of us who have been 50th for sometime are dealing with perpetually never-fading mobs on our trophies that haven't been touched in months, even years. The biggest glitch in trophy that I've seen is that it doesn't modify itself after failing a res or losing a pcorpse, thus causing your numbers to inflate on mobs already on the trophy, and old mobs that disappeared to come back. I'm not sure if the loss of exp% from a successful res is covered in this.

Sure, the obviously solution is don't die...but what fun is that?

I'm suggesting maybe a once-a-year wipe on trophies for everyone, as an incentive to actually do exp.

Thoughts?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:57 pm

trophy doesn't do anything
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:09 pm

At least not much, from what i've seen.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:17 pm

thought the point of trophy was to keep you from doing the same mobs over and over, what would be the point of wiping it?
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:49 pm

T-Wipe = Targsk-Wipe???
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:49 pm

kiryan wrote:thought the point of trophy was to keep you from doing the same mobs over and over, what would be the point of wiping it?

To be able to fill it up with different mobs again, and this time have them be cool an interesting zone mobs? I dunno.

Ashiwi wrote:T-Wipe = Targsk-Wipe???

Then what's an A-whipe?
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:58 pm

Sesexe wrote:
kiryan wrote:thought the point of trophy was to keep you from doing the same mobs over and over, what would be the point of wiping it?

To be able to fill it up with different mobs again, and this time have them be cool an interesting zone mobs? I dunno.

Ashiwi wrote:T-Wipe = Targsk-Wipe???

Then what's an A-whipe?

Wipe it for aesthetic purposes? The point of the trophy command is not for bragging, its to penalize you porportionally based on what % exp a particular mob vnumber represent in your overall exp....

Your asking for the wrong thing, ask for a new command that shows you a rolling history of what you've been killing by percentage. Wiping trophy so you can see fire giants instead of Smoke Mephits is silly, and not only that it wouldnt work until fire giants represented more than 2% of your overall exp. A lot of you would never see another mob on your trophy after a twipe, particularly those that have several hundred percent into 50.

my other suggestion is just to remove the output of the trophy command so people don't have to complain about seeing the same x mobs on their trophy 2 years later. They just won't see them.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:16 pm

Sesexe wrote:Then what's an A-whipe?

You know, even I have to admit, toilet humor though it was, that was funny. ::grin::

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:09 pm

I have nothing on my trophy? Is that broken?
I dont understand why i kill things and never anything ends up in trophy?

Any one know?

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:49 pm

Alzheimers? Poor Nilan is getting old.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:28 pm

Nilan wrote:I have nothing on my trophy? Is that broken?

Any one know?

Nilan
aka
Stabby

nothing shows up on your trophy unless it represents more than 2% of your total exp.

So, if you have 10 million exp, you need 200k worth of exp on a single mob vnum in order for it to show on your trophy. At 50 you prolly have around 240 million exp, at 3- 4k% into 50 you probably have close to 3 billion exp. 2% of 3 billion is 60million, a good mob is worth probably around 150-200k for a solo kill... you'd need at least 300 solo kills on a great exp mob to see anything on trophy id wager.

Making it increasingly difficult for you to see anything on trophy is that probably 30% of your total exp is from damage exp and therfore dilutes kill experience.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:25 am

Yikes all that math hurt my head :)

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:10 am

Nilan,

Hang up your daggers and break out your writing pen some more. Peter Jackson awaits your screenplay.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:05 am

kiryan wrote:
Nilan wrote:I have nothing on my trophy? Is that broken?

Any one know?

Nilan
aka
Stabby

nothing shows up on your trophy unless it represents more than 2% of your total exp.

So, if you have 10 million exp, you need 200k worth of exp on a single mob vnum in order for it to show on your trophy. At 50 you prolly have around 240 million exp, at 3- 4k% into 50 you probably have close to 3 billion exp. 2% of 3 billion is 60million, a good mob is worth probably around 150-200k for a solo kill... you'd need at least 300 solo kills on a great exp mob to see anything on trophy id wager.

Making it increasingly difficult for you to see anything on trophy is that probably 30% of your total exp is from damage exp and therfore dilutes kill experience.

Y'know, it seems to me that he was actually boasting rather than looking for a real mathematical answer to the question... :-)
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:24 am

I think Targskys main point was:

failing a res or losing a pcorpse, thus causing your numbers to inflate on mobs already on the trophy

so the more you die after 50th the more difficult it becomes to make your xp back from the "high value" xp zones. I'm not sure exactly but it seems a death with lost pcorpse adds maybe 0.2% to each mob on trophy?

Taken to extreme, a tank who plays alot and dies as much as T does ends up with a distorted trophy list and a tough time getting lost xp back.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:33 pm

I really don't want to set a trend of everybody posting their trophies here, but I doubt there's many people that die as much as I do.

3.3 a cowled thief
4.6 an abnormally large ghoul
2.3 a frost giant citadel guard
2.1 a huge frost giant guard
2.2 a frost giant soldier
3.0 the Chultean slaver
2.8 the first officer
3.0 Captain Miplit
2.5 the Zhentarim Knight
3.8 an elite militia guard
2.6 the skeletal knight

As long as I've been playing this one character, and as much solo exp as I get, several of these mobs should have disappeared from my trophy long, long ago. Instead, they've managed to remain fairly static for almost the entirety of my Ashiwi career. Other mobs, like the cowled thief, shouldn't even be on this trophy because I just haven't killed enough of them. Could they be on my trophy due to the timing of my killing them, coupled with a rash of deaths and lost pcorpses? And there's no way in hell I've ever killed that skeletal knight enough for it to show on my trophy, IF trophy operated the way it should.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:23 pm

Demuladon wrote:I think Targskys main point was:

failing a res or losing a pcorpse, thus causing your numbers to inflate on mobs already on the trophy

so the more you die after 50th the more difficult it becomes to make your xp back from the "high value" xp zones. I'm not sure exactly but it seems a death with lost pcorpse adds maybe 0.2% to each mob on trophy?

Taken to extreme, a tank who plays alot and dies as much as T does ends up with a distorted trophy list and a tough time getting lost xp back.

Only in that when you die, your total exp goes down, therefore the amount of exp you have from a mob represents a larger % of your total exp.

Sservis came up with a formula for calculating at what % you have twice as much exp as you need to be 50 based on adding up %s of trophy and solving for X. It works out to about 680% into 50 for me which is consistent with things that have been stated before like 49-50 being around 40 million and total exp to 50 being around 280-315 million.

Nilan, i could see there being bugs in the code like perhaps trophy only tracks the most recent 1000 mobs you killed or maybe you had your trophy wiped, or who knows, but it should be relatively difficult for someone with as much exp as you do to have any mob on trophy unless you kill the same mobs over and over and over to get into the 1000's of percent over 50.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:06 am

Thank you Kiryan,

I was just wondering why never get any, I asked lotta folks they never responded, some just laughed, others said I was broken. I dont understand math, but i glad you gave that explanation to me. Makes me think I am not bugged or broken, as there are reasons for it. I never understood how trophy code was calculated. But thank you for explaining it bro.

Hugs,

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:41 pm

Everytime I die and fail a ress with my human I type trophy and notice that it stays the same pre-death. So basically all that exp I did on that mob that I lost the trophy still sees it as if I still have that exp. Don't know if this is a bug or if it was inteded that way but it would shed some light on why our trophy is the way it is.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”