Corpse rot duration

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Corpse rot duration

Postby Sszantiel » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:13 am

Could the resetting of a corpses rot time from 18 hours to 2 hours by casting a preserve on the corpse be removed please? I just lost an eq'd corpse because someone preserved my corpse for less than the 18 hours while I was at work. This feature just seems a little weird. Preserve should just add more time to the 18 hours imho. Feedback welcome.

Sszan
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:47 am

I tend to agree that this can be a problem. A devious person could probably press a corpse once with a level one character and have it rot within a few minutes. Something's not right if that scenario would work. I've also lost a corpse of my own when in a zone I was told my corpse was pressed. I incorrectly assumed more than one press spell was cast on it and it disappeared within an hour or two.

- Mike

(edited for typo)
Last edited by Yarash on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:53 pm

Same here.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:13 pm

Had this happen once on accident and once on purpose, I agree,
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Mielikki » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:08 pm

If you think someone did this on purpose we can check logs and help retreive the eq and punish the person.

As for the other concern, corpses show a general amount of time left on them before rot.

"This corpse appears to be quite rotten and smelly!"
etc.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:19 pm

Still doesnt make sense of the preserve spell actually taking away from the time left on a corpse. It just doesnt make sense as everyone else on this post has pointed out.
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 am

Indeed. The point was that I was at work so the rot time message means nothing to me =). I have also heard that glamor resets rot time as well. If someone did that to my corpse I might be more apt to think it was intentional abuse because I wasn't even logged in.

Please make glamor and preserve not cause timer to be reset. Only consent requiring corpse manipulation should do that. *shrug*

sszan
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:34 pm

Sszantiel wrote:Please make glamor and preserve not cause timer to be reset. Only consent requiring corpse manipulation should do that. *shrug*

I agree 110%

Or else we're just going to have to take sszantiel's eq away when we're not on, cuz he's ALWAYS been leaving eq'd rotting corpses around the mud while offline for me to find. :P

Number 1, I order you to take a number 2.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”