Add Orc Anti and Cleric please

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Add Orc Anti and Cleric please

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:14 pm

Thanks!
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:18 am

Yeah, then lets add human dire raider, oh, and gnome psi. that'd be cool.
Really tho, orc already gets dire, why give them anti? as far as cleric, i have less of a problem, but you already have at least 3 other cleric races, why another?
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:47 am

I'd love to try an antipaladin orc! That sounds neat
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:27 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:Yeah, then lets add human dire raider, oh, and gnome psi. that'd be cool.
Really tho, orc already gets dire, why give them anti? as far as cleric, i have less of a problem, but you already have at least 3 other cleric races, why another?

I have no problem with you getting psis with amazing goodie Power and no innate drain :D

Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:10 am

Well, a human dire or gnome psi is just silly, but an orc anti-paladin is conceivable. I think I've seen an orc anti-paladin mob, so maybe it's in D&D rules or something. Some research would be appropriate...from someone with more current books than mine.

There would be an effect on balance though.

- Mike
Sservis
Sojourner

Postby Sservis » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:05 pm

Orc Anti: I've often wondered why not.

Orc Cleric: Remove Orc Shaman? I've always assumed that the mud had flavor such that a race had shamans or clerics, but not both. Maybe I'm wrong.

Good Race Psi: See Evil Race Paladin. Simply, No.
Gura ASSOC:: 'man im such a prick'
Gura ASSOC:: 'but im so good at it'
Gura ASSOC:: 'especially when im right'

Shar responds to your petition with 'do what we do. just stop listning to gura :P'
Sservis
Sojourner

Postby Sservis » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:08 pm

Yarash wrote:There would be an effect on balance though.

A very minimal one. Since as far as I can tell orc racial stats are the same as human racial stats, the Orc Anti would only have the advantage of being able to enter Evil Race hometowns. Then again [s]he couldn't group with Good Races [other than the neutral variety] and would be banned from Good Race hometowns. As far as I can tell an Orc Anti would be for flavor reasons only, as their Human counterparts would be the better in a minmax sense.
Gura ASSOC:: 'man im such a prick'

Gura ASSOC:: 'but im so good at it'

Gura ASSOC:: 'especially when im right'

Shar responds to your petition with 'do what we do. just stop listning to gura :P'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:42 pm

Yarash wrote:Well, a human dire or gnome psi is just silly, but an orc anti-paladin is conceivable. I think I've seen an orc anti-paladin mob, so maybe it's in D&D rules or something. Some research would be appropriate...from someone with more current books than mine.

There would be an effect on balance though.

- Mike

Books = irrelevant. There is no anti-paladin class anymore. closest thing is the blackguard, and they are a warrior with sneak attack and some fear based skills. oh, and VERY limited spellcasting. As far as that goes, you can be any race, so long as you are evil. Don't have a large library of 2nd edition books at my disposal to look up what was available back when this game was created, perhaps someone else can provide some insight there.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:54 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:
Books = irrelevant. There is no anti-paladin class anymore. closest thing is the blackguard, and they are a warrior with sneak attack and some fear based skills. oh, and VERY limited spellcasting. As far as that goes, you can be any race, so long as you are evil. Don't have a large library of 2nd edition books at my disposal to look up what was available back when this game was created, perhaps someone else can provide some insight there.

There wasn't anything "official" that I'm aware of. There was a couple different articles in Dragon Magazine, etc, about antis. In one they gave them backstab. Toril always seemed to handle them the best to be honest. I don't know what their sources were, but like you pointed out, wasn't really until 3rd edition with the Black Guard did they address that type of class officially in one of their actual books.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:58 pm

Oh sorry.

Orcs have shamans already. I don't remember reading or really seeing anything about orc clerics ever. If you give Orcs clerics, it's like giving barbarians clericsc. Just doesn't fit. If you want an infra evilracec cleric, it's all about the Yuan anyways.

Orc Anti. I could see it.. sorta, but Dire is a mix of anti and ranger. Therefor it's not needed to be honest.

*shrug*
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:33 pm

Sesexe wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:Don't have a large library of 2nd edition books at my disposal to look up what was available back when this game was created, perhaps someone else can provide some insight there.

There wasn't anything "official" that I'm aware of.

The Paladin handbook said that people shouldn't run PC Antis because AD&D was a game of heroic fantasy, enjoy!

Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:03 am

Anti-paladins are LAWFUL evil based on the MUD's help file. Orcs tend to be chaotic evil. Ditto with their gods. Orc gods do have their champions, but they can take many more forms than what the lawful gods that attract paladins and anti-paladins draw to them. They're not so picky in how their followers achieve their goals. Specifically, paladins and anti-paladins are part of systemized and monastic churches that orcs find uneccessary when you can just go out and pillage the nearest village to please your diety.
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'You are no match for elemental pants!'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”