Tanking buffs

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Tanking buffs

Postby Hyldryn » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:29 pm

Melee defense is too strong. Blur is my most favorite spell in the game. It makes tanking a breeze especially in older zones. Please get rid of it.

Displace is another one of my favorites. It makes casters relatively safe during relaxing strolls through invasions. Yawn, how about having its affect cut by half? Duration and chipping can stay the same.

Offensive Disruption is rather powerful too. Could its maximum effects on hit/dam and chance to slow be reduced?

Doing all three changes together may be extreme. Little tweaks to other aspects of the game could be made to help blunt the effect. Not too much though, that would defeat the purpose of this proposal.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:02 pm

I think jegzed suggested once upon a time that all these spells simply reduce the amount of damage taken rather than have a high % to avoid all damage or take all damage.

For instance if someone rolled up 100 damage against you...

with dscales you would take 10 (10% of original damage)
with stone you would take 25 (25% of original damage)
with displace you would take 40 (40% of original damage)
with blur you would take 50 (50% of original damage)

with stone and blur you would take 12.5 (100 * 25% * 50%)
with stone and displace you would take 10 (100 * 25% * 40%)

ith stone and displace and blur you would take 5 (100 * 25% * 40% * 50%)

with scale and displace you would take 4 (100 * 10% * 40%)
with scale and displace and blur you would take 2 (100 * 25% * 40% * 50%)

He went on to explain that all or nothing model created drastic and unrecoverable swings in damage (like when scale falls and your tank starts taking 400 damage a round but full heal takes 2-3 rounds to cast). He also stated that this would increase the need for healers which are an integral part of the game but only sometimes of an exp group.

I still like the idea. However, it would need some work and some consideration would have to be given on the effect on solors.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”