Sacrifice for CR

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Sacrifice for CR

Postby Jegzed » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:38 pm

Just a little idea..

What about a command to for the absolutely hopeless cases where you can't get a cr group going to get all your eq...

Sacrifice.. Drop 20 levels but get all your corpses back to loot?
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:40 pm

Or add a mob that you can hire for insane amounts to retrieve for you?

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:31 pm

FFXI, you die you have the option of respawning with eq or waiting in limbo for a ress. If you respawn you obviously lose all the potentially restorable exp.

It forces you to resolve your death/CR before doing anything else. Which per the rules your supposed to CR an eqd corpse before playing any other character.

Personally I can't support this system until at least large group exp is addressed, and hopefully doing exp is made fun.

20 levels for CR would be insane.
An autoCR system could free up some administration time (no more god CRs) and it would make the game more friendly to new people and people with sudden time constraints.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:14 am

Donate x tithe at a temple and have some NPC priest summon your corpse. Give coinage a reason to exist. Xploring kobold temple is a good way to get a corpse stuck if nobody is on, for example. Would really like to see something like this put in the game.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:19 am

im hardcore aginst this.

if you die and cant get to your corpse you should loose your eq.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:38 am

well it would put an end to some people having 2k experience. and after u getting us spanked today i woulda done it. however i see it being a bad thing as it would split certain groups. would it be based on exp past 50 or just levels purely?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:06 pm

It would have to be linked between the level of the character sacraficing or donating and the level of the corpses being retrieved so that you couldn't use a level 20 to CR a group of 50s who twinked avernus/IC2 or something.

I think having it so that it is cheaper to CR a lower level corpse might be cool, and perhaps if you do hire a NINJA to retrieve your corpse, they might choose a couple of your items randomly from your group to keep for themselves.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:10 pm

Ruxur wrote:im hardcore aginst this.

if you die and cant get to your corpse you should loose your eq.

I like when some random unknown newbie posts stuff like this without backing up with solid arguments.

When you show me that you have led the zones for every single item you wear, then your opinion on that is valid.

I'm not too keen on spending 4hours cr'ing at 2am and forward cause some pleveled half-botting moron can't follow simple instructions like "bash wight" or "pwb 2.giant".
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:13 pm

Sarell wrote:It would have to be linked between the level of the character sacraficing or donating and the level of the corpses being retrieved so that you couldn't use a level 20 to CR a group of 50s who twinked avernus/IC2 or something.

I think having it so that it is cheaper to CR a lower level corpse might be cool, and perhaps if you do hire a NINJA to retrieve your corpse, they might choose a couple of your items randomly from your group to keep for themselves.

I meant that you could cr YOURSELF only. ie, you lose 20 levels to get your set back.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:03 pm

jegzed, just because i dont lead zones dosent make me a newbie.

ive played here a long time, and know how things work. I am very aginst cr assistance except in situations where a bug lead to the corpses being made. If we make this game too easy, there goes the challenge behind it.

and gura, why must you bring up that spank i caused. I caused a spank, big deal its over so move on.

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:03 pm

Jegzed wrote:
I like when some random unknown newbie posts stuff like this without backing up with solid arguments.

When you show me that you have led the zones for every single item you wear, then your opinion on that is valid.

I'm not too keen on spending 4hours cr'ing at 2am and forward cause some pleveled half-botting moron can't follow simple instructions like "bash wight" or "pwb 2.giant".

Hi Cherzra!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:50 pm

Sesexe wrote:
Jegzed wrote:

Hi Cherzra!

Thanks for the compliment.

Cherzra was one of the greatest warriors ever on this mud, and I'd be proud to even compared to the best friends I had on this mud.

Sojourn 3 without Cherzra would have been a much worse mud.

Anyway.. Why should anyone ever accept the mediocricy from others?
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:51 pm

Ruxur wrote:jegzed, just because i dont lead zones dosent make me a newbie.

ive played here a long time, and know how things work. I am very aginst cr assistance except in situations where a bug lead to the corpses being made. If we make this game too easy, there goes the challenge behind it.

Well, I never heard of you so and you have an eviltrace char it seems, then you're a newbie.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:33 pm

ive zoned with you a few times as Ruxur, also zoned with you many times as Brugg. I wasnt around for the CC hayday, but I was before and after it. Up until a month or so ago i was a lieutenant in Orbdrin Doloth. I have a low post count because i dont really watch this board much.

I agree with you on one thing though. Cherzra ruled.

rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:25 am

I've led zones many times in the past, although I'm just starting to get back into it. I took a 4 year or so hiatus that has me a bit turned around on the mud still.

Anyhow, the point is, I agree with Ruxur. Unless it's a code bug that caused the corpses (or a server/network issue), you have to get your own corpse. I dont mind helping with CRs - in fact, I do it all the time, however, policy has ALWAYS been that it's your responsibility to CR your corpse if you want that eq/exp back. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to collect uber gear, and takes time, that's part of the challenge of the mud. Part of the challenge also is staying alive and protecting that investment of time.

With as spanky as rogues sneak/hide skills are in this incarnation of Toril, CRs, with some obvious, glaring exceptions, aren't THAT hard. And for the l33t player that you claim to be, you should have done SPOB a time or two to realize that being naked doesnt make your character suck, it just means you have to focus a little more and play your class right. Jeg, I know you're a good player, and a great leader - Agor (my roommate) has grouped with you on occasion and has talked about it. Granted, I havent seen it personally, because Im only now starting to create some evilrace chars, or even neutral humans, but your reputation precedes you.

Moritheil is also a good? leader. Yes, he spanks a lot because he takes a lot of noobs with him wherever he goes, and you can expect a corpse pile a mile long with him leading, but you can also expect him to get those corpses back. That's part of the game. Period. That is all.

Thanks for playing, please drive through.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:08 am

i say any way we can keep gura from cr'ing himself is a good thing. good job in spanking gura, ruxur.

sok
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am

Jegzed wrote:[

Anyway.. Why should anyone ever accept the mediocricy from others?

well in this case, its a GAME not a thesis paper and definately not a competition. people play for different reasons, whereas i enjoy being good at this game, i dont have to be anywhere near the best at anything on this game.

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:00 am

CC so rocked :)

- Beloved Matron -
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:19 am

ambarrrrrrrrrr yes CC's reputation is quite legandary, id love to see it revived.

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:27 am

yea i'd like to see CC revived too. aint gonna happen tho.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:38 am

I think this idea is great. Now some people seem to be forgetting that this is sojourn3. On Sojourn3, unlike toril, there are quests that can take years to complete. Now if you happen to be following some newb to help out and they take a key inside and you lose your corpse, that is downright quitability material. If it isn't enough to make people quit, it certainly is enough to make people not want to start zones, follow new leaders, or take new players into zones because if there is any trouble they will have to stay up half the night and be tired at work the next day. I really like this idea, glad you pointed out for single player jegzed, really really like it now!

Perhaps you could lose a wad of prestige for doing this aswell, im sure we'll find a use for that someday.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:44 am

I see this as a help primarily for 2 kinds of people who would quit if it happened to them.

a) The newbie/lowbie who loses his hardearned gear and dont know how to get it back. (Maybe the level loss could be depending on current level?)

b) The big questor guys, like Sarell explains.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:20 pm

Jegzed wrote:
Ruxur wrote:jegzed, just because i dont lead zones dosent make me a newbie.

Well, I never heard of you so and you have an eviltrace char it seems, then you're a newbie.

Alright enough already. Stop calling the Rux a newbie, just because you weren't playing an evillrace actively for like the last 2 years or so while you were focused on Exile/Homelands/wow/Wuteverthehellitwas building/playing/working/wanking when he was playing his. Doesn't mean he hasn't been here for like 7+ years like 76% of the current Toril player population. He's a dam good player, a fine tank, and one of the better evilrace ressing clerics (even if he sucks at ressing me personally :P). You're just making an ass out of yourself by treating a guy like dirt that doesn't deserve it, and once you see him in action, you'll regret being suck a prick to him.

We should all be involved in more active and engaging pursuits.. like the downgrading of Gura! ;)
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:27 pm

Oh and PS,

Are you sure a person who's leveling up their first character a lone (like a newbie would) is going to be someone who wants to sacrifice 20 levels to get their crappy hand-out gear back? This idea sounds like it's more for people who exp means nothing for, and for the type of person that has a lot in equipment to loose. A newbie doesn't fall into that category as far as I know. Newbies nowadays find leveling the hardest part of the game from what I've read, not getting hand-outs from our overabundant eq hoards.

Also, Devils Advocate here. What if it's more then one person that is stuck in this situation, but onlly one wants to give up the levels? What if the others can't? Or is this for level 21+ only?
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:41 pm

I didnt know Ruxur was Brugg.

Sorry bro, one of the guys I grouped with and exped with on soj2 even.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:02 pm

no harm jeg, i knew you didnt know, thats why i explained who i was instead of going OMG! im not a n00B LOLROTFL

Ses, thanks for the vote of confidence, me lubb you long time.

Jeg, look me up sometime as Maxler, Ruxur, Gilphi

rockers
Sojourner

Postby rockers » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:37 am

me is No0Bie.....me come in peace..downgrade gura ;)
Yours Ugly,
Froggie The Soul Slayer
ImageUnited We are Strong....
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:03 am

you is elet?

because i hear noobie and i think elet

Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:12 am

Some of my fonder memories of toril/sojourn were CR's. (anyone remember the massive crypts spank shortly before soj2 shut down? I think me+kildran+Ragorn+waelos? were there..like half our group was ready to quit-yay for crash bugs *whistle*:P)

I like the principle behind this idea, but the penalty for the insta_cr (tm) would have to be rather severe. Maybe you randomly lose x pieces of your eq (3-4?) and/or 10lvls of xp (being 5million% over 50 and using this would knock you to 40). It'd have to be a *last* resort for someone, and not an excuse to be lazy and not try to cr. If the penalty is not harsh, I could also see some potential abuse (ie-Avernus part of ress).

It is also counter productive for a longterm player to have a loss so great that he/she won't continue to invest time in this game. Be it from an impossible CR, or rule violations...I just don't see room for it. (i lub you diel:( )
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:36 am

kiryan wrote:20 levels for CR would be insane.
An autoCR system could free up some administration time (no more god CRs) and it would make the game more friendly to new people and people with sudden time constraints.

Have to agree, this would be an excellent idea.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:17 pm

So what you guys want is absolutely no more risk at all when it comes to a CR?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Ashiwi wrote:So what you guys want is absolutely no more risk at all when it comes to a CR?

Seriously. Wtf?

The last time I can remember actually having to do a real CR, like your group spanks and you all go back in naked, was when Targsk spanked on roots. I can't remember any other time since Soj3's opening I had to do that.

Now it's all just wait for the rogue who fled to drag us all out and wait for ress, or relo in to so and so who ran back while the rogue held pop.

Jegz, I hear what you're saying, but I just don't agree with it. I'd rather see a 5-10k fee you can pay to the staff to have your corpse god pressed instead. So you don't have to worry about it rotting. That way, when you do have time and folks are on, you can CR it.

mount dragon

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:15 pm

ses, when i spanked us doing siphon undead the other day we had to plow through part of SF naked. Thats not fun when your squid has 90 hps and your eating cyclone from wraiths.

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:40 pm

Ruxur wrote:ses, when i spanked us doing siphon undead the other day we had to plow through part of SF naked. Thats not fun when your squid has 90 hps and your eating cyclone from wraiths.

Certainty of death.
Small chance of success...

When do we leave? :D

mount dragon

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:46 am

Sesexe wrote:Certainty of death.
Small chance of success...

When do we leave? :D

lemmie guess a waterfall right?

sharp rocks at the bottom?

bring it on.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:27 pm

Ruxur wrote:lemmie guess a waterfall right?

sharp rocks at the bottom?

bring it on.

ROFL! Bewaaaaare the groooove.

Kronk's shoulder devil referring to Kronk's shoulder angel wrote:
Don't listen to that guy, he's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:39 pm

Allright Senor Llama...

Anyway.

XP loss would be a severe PITA.. as any of you who have been tracking my hysterically funny not quite 10 year journey to 50th can attest to.

Now, I do agree it would be nice to pay a fee for a god press,,, Make it VERY expensive,, and only for corpses in bad situations...but, what would that do for the spells in the game to help with CRs?

A necro friend and I died in Rib the other night cus we were messing around and bumped into an icky mob. He died once on his way back in, but once he was there he just Soul Walked me in, then we dragged our bodies home. Love the glowing corpse thingie,,, (Yeah I know its Corpse Glamour.)

Shaman have Spirit walk for those corpses in pinches as well. Been there saw that used too. As for dangerous situations,, Shaman can look before they leap and Scry remains.... If it really gets bad, Walk to the corpse, loot it and word,, EQ problems solved. There's also the 18 hour no touch it / no rot thing that has helped many times... (Lirela getting stuck in TTF...) As well as the gods being very understanding in many many many cases and helping out by loading a key or whatever so a CR group can form.

Now before everyone jumps in and starts beating me up...

I know there are zones where this is difficult, and I know there are times you've gotta go and can't wait for the CR.. that's why I'm for the god-like presses.

Well, that's considerably more than two cents,, but there's my view.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:51 pm

To me, it all boils down to the game being 'based' on D&D type situations. There are temples in most towns. The main/trianing priest in the temple should allow for 10k or more to summon a player's corpse. Could just 'buy a wish spell' from the priest. I mean..make $ mean something in the game :P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:01 pm

I would only think it would be a good idea to make CR's easier if more rust monsters were put in charge of zone security. I'm sorry, but your gear really has no value whatsoever if there's no chance of losing it. Every easy step along these lines goes farther to devalue the game as a whole.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:11 pm

Everybody knows my seelie luck. It took 24 trips just to get the goggles. EQ worth is relative to each player. I'm not willing to ditch eq. Coins should just be taken out of the game. At what point is money ever _absolutely_ necessary. Wolfy pots are 10k with crappy charisma. Has plat sinks gotten that desperate?

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”