Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:38 am

would it be possible for the help files to reflect the prime ages for each race? i see no reason why they shouldnt. like help human would say something along the lines of the base line for all creatures ect ect ect whatever it says then the prime age for a human is 25-40 or whatever it is. i mean you can obviously can see who is older of the races and the younger except elves but even elves have a prime age.

anyway i just thought it would be a bit handy to know.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Lim
Sojourner

Postby Lim » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:16 am

I believe the prime age (i.e. max hp gain) is starting age x 2

so for human your starting age is 17. min max age is therfore 34 for humans.

I believe the same formula applies to all races.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:14 am

I think what he's gettin at is that not many people remember what the starting age is for some of the races.. I know dwarves, etc. start at strange ages.. I'm sure not everybody's gonna remember what their 5th alt that they haven't played in 3 months, starting age was.. even though it's now like 500 yrs. old or something.. :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Lim
Sojourner

Postby Lim » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:04 am

Duna wrote:I think what he's gettin at is that not many people remember what the starting age is for some of the races.. I know dwarves, etc. start at strange ages.. I'm sure not everybody's gonna remember what their 5th alt that they haven't played in 3 months, starting age was.. even though it's now like 500 yrs. old or something.. :)

GASP you mean this sort of thing should be in the help files? Now Duna. You are a long time player of sojourn. You should know by now that the game is all about "let's make tivial things hard for the players to find out about".

Prime age is such a trivial thing and thus must not be written down anywhere! In fact I am in shock that this thread has not been deleted for sharing such info.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Well, I cant speak for all the races but age is kinda variable in what you want out of it. For those of you who didnt already know, for an RP I aged Botef to nearly 2000 years old. I found that while 245ish offered me the optimal number of hitpoints if I continued into the 300+ range I gained a max of about 30 movement points with about 7-8 lost hitpoints.
In addition, as my age increased my load carried dropped. I went from carrying a moderate load at 245, to carrying a light or paltry load at around 350-400 years.

Age seemed to stop having any more effects after about the 400 year old mark. What struck me as odd about all this was that as I got older it seemed that my movement/load carried got better when the natural assumption would be your old and weaker in terms of your ability to move and your strength.

I didnt test walking around much because of the nature of my RP so I cant comment on if the moves exausted when traveling was increased despite me having more moves & a lighter load.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:04 am

When age used to be a problem for paladins, being old slowed movement regen considerably.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:48 am

first i dont particularly care what te actual ages are. in my mind prime age is being what are your best hp/strength combo. but yes this is trivial and i dont expect it to be but in any tiome soon(or at all for that matter) for 2 reasons. 1) i posted it. 2) not all that important. i just thought mebbe we could get enough players saying GOD YES!!!!1!!1!11!!! that there would be an admin responce. so keep posting!

myspace.com/tgchef
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:00 am

I think it'd be a nice addition to the help files. Maybe not say, "the best hp age for a dwarf is xxx", but more along the lines of, "middle age for a dwarf is xxx, he starts really feeling time at xxx, etc..."
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:05 pm

Help files would be good, especially since some races age prematurely... for some reason elves start getting old at 275ish.
emote Rescuepractice
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:47 pm

hey botef that sounds like a bug..

My troll was like 200 years old when i finally started playing him again and while i didnt notice I had lost any movement points, I did notice that i used them up rather quickly and that they pretty much refused to regen.... had to get dragged back to dk on a stretcher for emergency rejuv session.

Or maybe lich's are just different. Anyways...id gladly trade half my moves for a bunch of hps.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:34 pm

Bug or no, that's what I recall from pre-lich days.

As age increased past human prime hp dropped, but MV increased and load seemed to decrease. HP and MV regen rate however slowed.

Who knew old farts (80ish human) were marathon runners.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:24 pm

OMG, I just had this vision of some old lich, skin dripping off him, power walking his way down BGR.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:44 pm

rofl
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:16 pm

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly ..

buahahahaahahahahhahaha
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:40 am

Ashiwi wrote:OMG, I just had this vision of some old lich, skin dripping off him, power walking his way down BGR.

Hey!!! I DO *NOT* Power-walk.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:15 pm

Ashiwi wrote:OMG, I just had this vision of some old lich, skin dripping off him, power walking his way down BGR.

ROFL!
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:21 pm

Nekelet wrote:

You power fester? Power float? Power limp? Power rot?
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:44 pm

selerial wrote:
Nekelet wrote:

Olit -Power Pimpin'- Scions of Netheril

Hrm-cool guild title!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:58 pm

Maedor wrote:
selerial wrote:
Nekelet wrote:

Olit -Power Pimpin'- Scions of Netheril

Hrm-cool guild title!

lol.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:16 pm

Power... ranger?
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:55 am

can we get this back on track plz? i didnt open this thread for a chat channel

myspace.com/tgchef
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:25 pm

Basically, if you see your HPs start to drop, you're past your prime age. I know that the characters I actually care about, I play pretty frequently. Those characters, I know their hitpoints, and I know when something is off. Personally, my Shaman is my runner, thanks to Vig C. He's up to 168 moves and doesn't seem to have any problems with Load. The extra 30 moves were well worth the loss of 8 hps.

Prime age is not hard to figure out. No reason for it to be in the help files. Leave some mystery to the game. Or, if you're concerned about forgetting, WRITE IT DOWN WHEN YOU LEARN IT.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:29 pm

I don't see any point in posting what the prime age for each race is. It's not hard to figure out, and it's only worth a couple hitpoints either way. Spend 5minutes with a necro or lich and figure it out, instead of asking the staff to further hold your hand.

-power pimpin'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”