Paladins

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Paladins

Postby Thilindel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:37 pm

I just did a 'who paladin'. Got me to check the help files. Why are they restricted on enemy alignment? Is it that way in D&D? Please remove the penalties for enemy align. I bet a lot more ppl would play paladin then.
Kramel
Sojourner

Postby Kramel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:39 pm

This really isn't a huge disadvantage. It just means that you gotta do XP work to maintain alignment.

Besides, the XP bonus is really nice for killin evil mobs
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:42 pm

totally limits them when xp'g tho. I only know pirate ship, split shield..bgr. (close by that is) Just seems annoying *shrug* Limits them on doing zones too like seelie. If I remember right, they're good align there. (agg but still) :P
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:47 pm

So do Ice Crag, and Tower?
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:18 pm

A Paladin can exp easily in SS to 20, in BGR to 35, and on Ship to 50.

Taking away the exp penalty is ludicrous and incongruous with what a Paladin is and stands for.

If you want zone exp for a Paladon, go to Izans. Choking Palace. Avernus, Jot, Muspel, um... The list goes on...
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:24 pm

Thil there are atm 3 zones on the mud really with good aligned mobs: Seers, Clouds, and Seelie. Pallie exp is so easy that taking a hit on exp while doing those zones is nothing at all compared to the advantages.

Pril
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:35 pm

How does it limit you in what zones you can do?

You can do anything you want with your paladin there are just costs associated with some activities.

You lose exp for killing good aligned mobs which is trivial considering zone exp is a joke and you probably still get damage exp even for killing a good mob. This is also offset by gaining 25% exp when killing evil mobs, ive always thought that was a sick benefit.

You lose your spells if you go neutral or evil... Druids have it much harder, since they have to maintain neutral. maintaining good is easy.

About the only real zone detriment is that your constantly getting hit by holy words.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:58 pm

To add to kiryan's post, between bless and holy shroud paladins agin about -5 sv_spell so even the holywords don't do TOO much damage.

Pril
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Re: Paladins

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:14 pm

Thilindel wrote:I just did a 'who paladin'. Got me to check the help files. Why are they restricted on enemy alignment? Is it that way in D&D? Please remove the penalties for enemy align. I bet a lot more ppl would play paladin then.

I can't really speak for others. But the xp restriction isn't why I don't play paladin.

In AD&D 2nd ed. there is no xp restriction based on alignment. Paladins just turns into warriors, then they have to pray and rescue princesses to become paladins again.
fotex
Sojourner

Re: Paladins

Postby fotex » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:49 pm

Thilindel wrote:Is it that way in D&D?

It's not that way in D&D in playing with paper because that would be a hideous accounting nightmare keeping track of separate xp for each mob align. A lot easier to do on a mud, and makes good sense from an RP standpoint

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”