Pet Control Idea

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Botef
Sojourner

Pet Control Idea

Postby Botef » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:34 pm

Some kind of pet control scheme so a player can control their individual pets without having to use the pet-type as the name. Its very very annoying and problemsome when two necros/lichs are in a group and the order of their ghosts get reversed and suddenly orderinig ghost or 3.ghost results in someone elses pet giving you a dumbfounded look. Its further problemsome when you find yourself in a fight with mobs with the same name and you spend the majority of the battle trying to sort out who's who.

While order followers works for most commands, a necro/lich is also expected to be on top of throwing globes/hastes out. I do use variables for my casting pets, so resetting which is which isnt terriably hard, but it IS very annoying.

I suggest some kind of pet control scheme where your followers are given 1.pet, 2.pet, 3.pet, etc according to their order under score, or some similar scheme, so that a player can control JUST their pets.

To give you an example of how this becomes an issue:

Necro A enters fight and orders 1.ghost to cast spell X, 2.ghost to cast spell Y

Necro B enters fight

Necro A sends same order to 1.ghost but 1.ghost is now Necro B's, thus Necro A must reset his variable for 1.ghost to 3.ghost.

Comments or Suggestions.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:38 pm

ord 1.follower
ord 2.follower
ord 3.follower
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:44 pm

Well then, I guess just add that to help order and disregard.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:26 pm

Botef wrote:Well then, I guess just add that to help order and disregard.

Update the help files? Now you're REALLY thinking outside the box!!!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”