Replies to posts

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Deltin
Sojourner

Replies to posts

Postby Deltin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:51 pm

One of the things I loved about Homeland was the fact that immortals would post replies to messages even if it was just to say we are thinking about it or I've read the message. Many idea posts go by with little to no reponse, I for one can't/don't assume it has been read even though it may have been. But if someone could just take a few seconds to post a fast reply I think it would help.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:57 pm

I do agree that it would be nice to see a bit more God input in the Idea threads, however, we are throwing out an awful lot of ideas, most of which get shot down by the PBase before the Gods even have a chance to look at them. The fact that we do see Eili (and other Gods) post in threads sporadically, does suggest that they are reading, even if they don't always feel like they need to add anything to the topic.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:39 pm

I read just about every post on this bbs, with the exception of the majority of General Discussion threads. I refrain from commenting on most for two primary reasons.

1) My opinion is NOT official staff position on a topic but is often construed as such.

2) Some people prefer to take a statement made by an immortal and twist it, poke at it, and dig out whatever loophole or inferred meaning they can, regardless of the original spirit or intent of the statement.

Take that as you will.
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:44 pm

I read everything except for some of the stuff in General Discussion as well.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Siamorphe
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Siamorphe » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:34 pm

For whatever it's worth, I read pretty much everything in every forum. ;)
Siamorphe
TorilMUD Admin
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:49 pm

I read most forums, although not so many ideas are applicable to the RP-Quest sphere. I did note a request somewhere for simple black formal pants, however...
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

I read pretty much everything, especially the Ideas section. I used to comment pretty frequently but I've been pretty busy with other projects for the MUD lately so its been a low priority. I'll see try and remedy that.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:57 am

Eilistraee wrote:2) Some people prefer to take a statement made by an immortal and twist it, poke at it, and dig out whatever loophole or inferred meaning they can, regardless of the original spirit or intent of the statement.

What's wrong with that?
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:38 am

Sheesh, Deltin..for years now I've been literally asking staff to comment on a thread, they don't. You say it once and WHAM! *moon* :P
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:32 pm

Thilindel wrote:Sheesh, Deltin..for years now I've been literally asking staff to comment on a thread, they don't. You say it once and WHAM! *moon* :P

Just lucky timing, speaking of which look at the log I posted, dragon walks in on me, mud crashes and I come back on dead. There are some new staff too, so that could be the difference. As I have said the Homeland staff was excellent in the way they kept up with the bbs.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:45 pm

Lahgen wrote:
Eilistraee wrote:2) Some people prefer to take a statement made by an immortal and twist it, poke at it, and dig out whatever loophole or inferred meaning they can, regardless of the original spirit or intent of the statement.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing per se, however I refuse to hire a lawyer to review my comments to ensure that they are saying what I want them to say, and only what I want them to say. As such, I opt for silence on the majority of the threads on this BBS.

As for the log Deltin, I saw that and have already started looking into what happened. Thanks for posting it however, as it did help clarify some stuff about what had happened.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:00 pm

On certain posts where the majority feel it's a good idea, I typically desire admin input so I'll know if that line of thinking is welcome by the upper crew :) I had a poll like one or two years ago where the majority felt it was a good idea, but not one admin replied *sniff* I kept pestering too. I know staff is busy a lot but some posts are totally lacking in tact in their presentation, yet gods reply to them almost immediately. Ah well...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:44 am

Lahgen wrote:

What's wrong with that?

If you've ever played the game Telephone, it's like that. I'll give you just one possible example:

Usually this happens when someone has a vested interest in something, for example, someone might be nearly done with a quest. Some imm comments that some aspect of the quest might be too easy. This leads some people who read it to take it as a hint that the quest might be upgraded, or the rewards might be downgraded. Eventually word reaches whoever has the vested interest, and he or she protests at the upcoming downgrade when no such thing was planned in the first place. The friends of the questor, who feel that maybe their guild is getting shafted (a conclusion reached because several of them happen to be questing it just then), post several flames about "favoritism" and start questioning concepts of justice and equality, painting the world in broad terms as a dark, sinister place where those in favor with those in power screw over those who do not have favor.

The answer in short: it has led to mass hysteria in the past.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:04 pm

Eilistraee wrote:
Nothing per se, however I refuse to hire a lawyer to review my comments to ensure that they are saying what I want them to say, and only what I want them to say. As such, I opt for silence on the majority of the threads on this BBS.

As for the log Deltin, I saw that and have already started looking into what happened. Thanks for posting it however, as it did help clarify some stuff about what had happened.

I see. So what you are saying is that the players do not have the capacity to propose ideas worth even considering, and honestly, should just enjoy whatever it is you give them and STFU. Fair enough! :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:22 pm

Thank you for the excellent demonstration Corth. :)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:39 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Thank you for the excellent demonstration Corth. :)

*peer* are you saying that Corth is the only one who can make an excellent demonstartion and the rest of us are so stupid that we can't possibly understand what you mean without this excellent demonstration?

*click* :p

Pril
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:13 pm

moritheil wrote:post several flames about "favoritism" and start questioning concepts of justice and equality, painting the world in broad terms as a dark, sinister place where those in favor with those in power screw over those who do not have favor.

You mean that isn't how the world works?
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”