Warrior Dual Wield

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Warrior Dual Wield

Postby Thilindel » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:35 pm

Please raise the 50 to a more respectable number a man of melee would have :) I'm thinking at least 80. Warrior mobs ALWAYS get their 3 hits/round when dualing. Make that a bit more reflective with player warriors.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:25 pm

If you're going to raise warrior dual wield to 80, raise Ranger bash and rescue to 80.

Also, while mobs may "hit" 3 times, they don't hit anywhere near as often or as hard as player warriors do.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:57 pm

Dual wield for warriors is pointless. It doesn't matter how high it is capped, warriors are not about dealing out damage, they are about taking it. You'll never see a warrior in a zone dual wielding and rarely even going 2h even on single mob fights. You get beat down and your lunch money stolen when you tank without a shield.

While it might be fun to dual wield when doing xp with more than one warrior, there are other ways to spice up multiwarrior exp (Musical Tanks!)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:39 pm

a lot (most) mobs are haste.

from my observations, their skills kick in about as often as player skills do.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:52 pm

Yeah, that's why they've got a 99% bash rate (without a shield) and probably the same for switch, if not 100%. :P
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:52 pm

I was just thinking mainly about 'light' warrior races like halfling. I know shieldblock is a lot of tanking ability, but I was hoping for more fun to make it feel like there's really butt kicking going on
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:30 pm

Yasden wrote:Yeah, that's why they've got a 99% bash rate (without a shield) and probably the same for switch, if not 100%. :P

You really wanna be the unlucky areas guy that goes in and writes a shield for each and every mob? btw, how do you know they don't have a shield that is invisible and flagged !take? The comment of no shield has been addressed before. Yes, it is unrealistic, and you can't see a shield, but just imagine that all of them have one. especially the ones wielding 2h weapons.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:44 pm

Delmair = Kia? :P
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:06 am

Yasden wrote:Delmair = Kia? :P

Despite the obvious similarities, thankfully NO.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:20 am

teflor the ranger wrote:If you're going to raise warrior dual wield to 80, raise Ranger bash and rescue to 80.

Also, while mobs may "hit" 3 times, they don't hit anywhere near as often or as hard as player warriors do.

Rangers bash fine when they want to.
On ranger rescue I still think rangers should get an intercept type skill to instantly engage any incoming mobs.

Warriors players hit hard?!?!!? BAHAhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahaha hahahahah hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahha hahahahah hahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha hahahah ahahahahahhaha.

Anyhow, yeh warriors are by far the least damaging class on the mud, headbutt does more damage for them that all that hitting with a 2 handed sword. You could let them wield 4 flamberges, 2 in each hand and they would still be pretty mediocre. But yeh, don't see the point in increasing dual wield skills, that is domain of rogues and rangers, but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything if we did. If you want to dual wield your warrior so be it.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:53 am

This discussion brings to mind an old post on the Soj3 boards. (too lazy to search for it). I am pretty sure it was right after the opening when everybody was low to mid level. A drow warrior was dual wielding instead of wearing a shield and at least 1 person in the group got angry enough to post about warriors dualing. Of course the offending drow said something along the lines of "I dual wield because of RP, if you don't like it, don't group with me."

You could raise the cap on dual wield and I'd practice it when I was bored just so I can have one more white number when I type "skills." I can honestly say that the last time I dual wielded was when emerald longsword was a haste item and I wielded it off-hand.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:17 pm

Sarell wrote:
Anyhow, yeh warriors are by far the least damaging class on the mud, headbutt does more damage for them that all that hitting with a 2 handed sword. You could let them wield 4 flamberges, 2 in each hand and they would still be pretty mediocre.

But that would be SOOO cool...

Imms, setbit my warrior to General_Grievous instead! :D
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:50 pm

Sarell wrote:Anyhow, yeh warriors are by far the least damaging class on the mud, headbutt does more damage for them that all that hitting with a 2 handed sword. You could let them wield 4 flamberges, 2 in each hand and they would still be pretty mediocre.

I would pay SO much money to wield 4 flamberges at a time.

Hitroll: 46 Damroll: 78

Load carried: Moderate

CACKLE
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Sarell wrote:Anyhow, yeh warriors are by far the least damaging class on the mud, headbutt does more damage for them that all that hitting with a 2 handed sword...

You mean least damaging melee class right? I think its pretty easy to argue that clerics have the least damage power of any class.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:40 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Hitroll: 46 Damroll: 78

CACKLE

Only 46/78?

Guwa had like double that:(

I suck, and I've hit 119 on my warrior, and regularly hit 90 on my rogue:(
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:11 pm

But Maed that's after Rage procs for both rogue/warrior he's talkng natural hit/dam.

Pril

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”