A Spin on Spinagons

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

A Spin on Spinagons

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:33 pm

There's a spinagon that now loads in an area that utilizes a very well travelled road in the game. It's a main thoroughfare, with low levels walking it frequently, and I've mentioned this spinagon several times to staff as a danger, since it's much too high for low levels to handle.

I don't mind if it stays, but If it's not going to be removed, can we at least have the bleeder proc added to it? At least that way it would be dangerous and useful... and scary!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:24 pm

I wrote the new road south of WD. I put the spinagon there on purpose. It doesn't load all the time, and it only ends up on the road about half the time it loads. It also does not repop if killed. The spinagon will make much more sense once another Homeland zone is ported over. Also I'm a firm believer that no road should be 100% safe.

That being said, I realize that it sucks when newbies die. But they shouldn't expect that anything other than a good race hometown is safe all of the time. This particular scenario also gives higher level players a chance to be a 'hero' of sorts and slay the nasty beasts to save the lower level players from a gruesome death.

I'm not particularly sure that this mob needs to have a bleed proc. It's plenty nasty enough?
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:42 pm

Vaprak wrote:Also I'm a firm believer that no road should be 100% safe.

Don't complain when noobs are afraid to explore, then.

Sure, they "should" group up and explore in groups, but how much encouragement is there for them to do that? Also, maybe this is supposed to be a "grouping" mud, but nobody likes to feel completely helpless and at the mercy of the mobs while solo, either.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:52 pm

Well it's not like I typically complain about things being too tough, but a while back Toril went through a phase where a lot of the noob danger was removed or diminished.

The only reason I'd suggest a bleed proc on it is because we'd finally have a non-BC/MD/dragon method of practicing bandage which isn't totally ludicrous (good and neutral aligned characters torturing some poor soul almost to death, bandaging them back to health, torturing to the brink of death again, repeat ad nauseum).
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Well it's not like I typically complain about things being too tough, but a while back Toril went through a phase where a lot of the noob danger was removed or diminished.

The only reason I'd suggest a bleed proc on it is because we'd finally have a non-BC/MD/dragon method of practicing bandage which isn't totally ludicrous (good and neutral aligned characters torturing some poor soul almost to death, bandaging them back to health, torturing to the brink of death again, repeat ad nauseum).

Wield something other than khanjari and tog vic? Bandage thine enemies?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:59 am

Lahgen wrote:
Vaprak wrote:Also I'm a firm believer that no road should be 100% safe.

Don't complain when noobs are afraid to explore, then.

Sure, they "should" group up and explore in groups, but how much encouragement is there for them to do that? Also, maybe this is supposed to be a "grouping" mud, but nobody likes to feel completely helpless and at the mercy of the mobs while solo, either.

I'm not sure we're looking at this right. It could teach them to be spineless, or it could just teach them that death is an everyday occurrance here. While I have no idea as to the proportions encouraged, the latter attitude is quite fitting for future zoners.

Spinagon spinagon sugar!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:33 am

If you read more closely, you would see that I was agreeing that people *should* be more brave and take more risks. The thing is, I have a problem with people (not talking about anyone specific) who intentionally (almost seemingly callously) make it harder and then look down on people for being more afraid to act and take risks. It's almost like "Hi noobs, you're worthless if you don't travel that road and risk near certain death like a good player should be ready to do at the drop of a hat."
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 18, 2005 5:36 am

Lahgen wrote:If you read more closely, you would see that I was agreeing that people *should* be more brave and take more risks. The thing is, I have a problem with people (not talking about anyone specific) who intentionally (almost seemingly callously) make it harder and then look down on people for being more afraid to act and take risks. It's almost like "Hi noobs, you're worthless if you don't travel that road and risk near certain death like a good player should be ready to do at the drop of a hat."

Ah, okay.

The parallels to real life are astounding.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”