Should item changes be publicized?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Yes
89%
No
No votes
Could care less
11%

Total votes: 35
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:35 pm

I think they should be publicized as soon as possible, to help cut down on abuse or perception of abuse of this sort of information. As the old saying goes say, "Information yearns to be free". Keep it bottled up, and it'll try to escape.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:37 pm

I agree they should be posted, because I've seen them change flags on an item before and not let the players know. It's one thing to not have prot gear and not bother to get the spell, it's another entirely to have it one and not realize you don't have it the next day, even though you're still wearing the same equipment.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:06 pm

Any item that loses pff/pfc/pfa should be announced. It's a shame to lose eq over item restatting. !ID items should not be auctionable if the stats change as well.

Besides that, let people discover the new stats on their own.

Magma rares should be upgraded from the total garbage they now are:(
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:02 am

8)

This one time I was fighting a priest mob that didn't track. I had to go to the bathroom pretty badly, so I ran away and put on my !summon boots. I come back refreshed to find myself quite dead because the !summon flag had been removed. That irritated me.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:04 am

Obviously they should be posted. I fail to see how anyone would honestly want them not to be.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:21 am

I think fotex thrust here is there are rumor downgrades coming to izan's eq.

Folks that have this information would have an unfair advantage in trading until the knowledge becomes more public. I suppose there is some risk in that it could just be a rumor, however, given the zone and the eq i wouldnt be surprised.

You know areas would be wise to consult someone like dartan before putting in new zones. We could fix 95% of the stat problems without all the upgrades downgrades restatting ect. I'm not sure why we have to solicit player help in order to give eq sane stats, but for some reason we just don't have a good track record.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:00 pm

To clarify, I think that it should be posted that stats were made to certain items, but I don't necessarily think that they should feed us the new stats. Also, when stat changes are made to an entire zone, it would be enough to let us know that the zone has been overhauled stat-wise.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:06 pm

I think something simple should be posted like we reduced the hp on this item, or we reduced the armor class on this item, removed the proc, etc. Just enough to warn the buyer. I don't think full stats should be released just changes.
As long as we live in this world we are bound to encounter problems. If, at such times, we lose hope and become discouraged, we diminish our ability to face difficulties. If, on the other hand, we remember that it is not just ourselves but everyone who has to undergo suffering, this more realistic perspective will increase our determination and capacity to overcome troubles.
-- The Dali Lama
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:10 pm

I agree with ashiwi entirely. I don't want to know the new stats, just the fact the item has changed. That way it is still up to the buyer/seller to worry about specifics, and the post can't just be used as an EQ database. The MOST info i'd want to see would be is if the item was upped/downed/or "changed" in a lateral type form.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:43 pm

And especially they should specify if prots or !summon/charm/sleep/etc has been removed from an item.

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:02 am

Don't buy stuff from Izan unless you actually expect them to be downgraded. There is quite a lot for sale. Do NOT buy it.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:30 am

And why should they downgrade stuff from Izan's?

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:33 pm

I thought Izan's zone was made harder and some items removed from there already. Hrm.. better not let this thread degrade into a whining session about eq from xxx zone.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:12 pm

I absolutely agree, rylan. I mean, god forbid that we aren't all wearing jot/scardale gear, right? :p

ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:37 am

Changes to stats of any and all items should somehow be immediately hinted at in the news, at least.
Actual stats should not be listed.
The degree of detail about eq changes posted should be proportional to the capabilities and effects on the item.

e.g. "Some item changes, including some important effects - check your protections."

etc.
BEER
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:17 pm

Yeah what Mogr said.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”