Another toggle!

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Another toggle!

Postby Abbayarra » Thu May 12, 2005 1:16 am

I would like to see another toggle put in.
I would call it toggle melee.
When you toggle melee off when you are engaged by a mob you don't try and hit it, you are still in combat, just not fighting back with melee weapons. Ideal for those who like to RP mages who don't fight hand to hand or the ranger who likes to fight with a bow but not hand to hand.
Please note, you are still in combat and can't just walk away, you will have to flee, disengage, or retreat. For a mage it will help to get rid of that pesky walkin problem when using targeting spells.
Also, please apply it to AI Mages and rangers.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Thu May 12, 2005 3:53 pm

I agree. Further, I'd prefer it worked in such a way that aggro area affects don't pull you into combat.
Lets see, mobX is casting sandstorm. What should I do? Nuke his butt? Naw, I'll just smack him with this stick!

threads related to this:
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... ncombatant
and:
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org:8080/php ... c&start=62
(full thread)
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org:8080/php ... hp?t=11286
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Why did I suggest this?

Postby Abbayarra » Thu May 12, 2005 5:34 pm

I have a young cousin, about 15, he loves role playing. So I decided to show him my mage. He got to watch me get into several combats, he thought it was cool. Then he noticed, why are you actually attacking him? Well, I answered that as soon as someone attacks you you always go to melee combat. He seemed to think that was stupid. Ah, the clarity of a 15 year old.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon May 16, 2005 6:49 am

The most stupid thing ever is the default of being a rogue going melee on a mage that's shielded.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon May 16, 2005 6:00 pm

8)

Fireshield on Toril is ludicrous in general. It should be doing a set amount of damage per attack, and that damage should not be over 30. The whole idea of it mirroring back the exact amount of damage done to the person is silly. It totally favors the mobs, due to their massive amounts of hitpoints. The damage should range depending on the skill of the caster. It might start off at 10-20 damage per strike at level 21 when the first folks get it to 20-30 damage at level 50. That way, anyone meeting up with a shielded mob isn't totally debilitated.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Re: Why did I suggest this?

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Tue May 17, 2005 10:19 pm

Abbayarra wrote:I would like to see another toggle put in.
I would call it toggle melee.
When you toggle melee off when you are engaged by a mob you don't try and hit it, you are still in combat, just not fighting back with melee weapons. Ideal for those who like to RP mages who don't fight hand to hand or the ranger who likes to fight with a bow but not hand to hand.
Please note, you are still in combat and can't just walk away, you will have to flee, disengage, or retreat. For a mage it will help to get rid of that pesky walkin problem when using targeting spells.
Also, please apply it to AI Mages and rangers.

Totally agree.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 18, 2005 5:18 am

Yayaril wrote:8)

Fireshield on Toril is ludicrous in general. It should be doing a set amount of damage per attack, and that damage should not be over 30. The whole idea of it mirroring back the exact amount of damage done to the person is silly. It totally favors the mobs, due to their massive amounts of hitpoints. The damage should range depending on the skill of the caster. It might start off at 10-20 damage per strike at level 21 when the first folks get it to 20-30 damage at level 50. That way, anyone meeting up with a shielded mob isn't totally debilitated.

It's old fireshield, not 3.5 fireshield, and that's deliberate. You ARE supposed to be screwed without globe/ward, as I understand it. This is done to make an enchanter (or at least a necro or ele) mandatory for zone groups.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Mon May 23, 2005 5:01 am

bump
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”