Ranger Cure Critic

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
auslyx
Sojourner

Ranger Cure Critic

Postby auslyx » Sat May 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Since there are so many ranger threads, and so few admin responding to them, maybe just changing what they already have would help. My toss into helping them would be make their cure critic more like creeping doom spell as far as you receive your cure spell, but 3 rounds in a row (making it almost a heal spell, but takes three waves/three rounds) to fully hit. I'd give anything just to be kept in the loop. Am I holding out for a class that is just being overlooked for another 10 years or is there a revamp in the midst?
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun May 22, 2005 7:13 am

make rangers not lose arrows on crash... then let the ranger downgrades begin! nog self :)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sun May 22, 2005 9:11 pm

Been waiting 10 years already. . .

Um.

Gonna keep waiting 10 more I guess!

There are more pressing issues, of course. . . melee balance being one of them (which would go far to helping rangers. . .but since rogues are better at melee anyway it doesn't exactlt help the ranger).

Anyway, point is. . .don't hold your breath. If you like the class, I'd suggest playing it as an alt. If you want to be really useful to a group, try a cleric, enchanter, rogue, shaman, warrior. . . basically anything OTHER than ranger, paladin, anti or (if evil) dire.

Wheehaw!

Lost
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon May 23, 2005 7:21 pm

rangers are a lot of fun and quite useful if you embrace archery, have the proper equipment, and enough clout to get zone invites.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu May 26, 2005 6:37 pm

kiryan wrote:rangers are a lot of fun and quite useful if you embrace archery, have the proper equipment, and enough clout to get zone invites.

In short, if you're not a beginning player. :P
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 pm

moritheil wrote:
kiryan wrote:rangers are a lot of fun and quite useful if you embrace archery, have the proper equipment, and enough clout to get zone invites.

In short, if you're not a beginning player. :P

I wasn't going to respond, because I thought it was so obvious, but since you did Mori, I might as well.

what Kiryan wrote, could be said about ANY class and race. Therefore, it really doesn't add anything to the discussion.

Any game can be fun, if...
Any body can be president if...
Any $NOUN can be $POSITIVE_THING if $LIST_OF_PERFECT_CRITERIA
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 pm

you could say it about many classes but you don't need to say it about most.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri May 27, 2005 5:12 am

Seems common sense, but like a couple years ago, my friend would play here as well. He picked a ranger. I happened to have the good 'ol warbow, and let him use it. We both realized archery rangers are somewhere between bigby's and force missiles..and that's all they really do (for what we used em for) There isn't a whole lot of things to do as a ranger. When you zone with a ranger, it's 'lure this, lure that'. When you xp, you can't tank for sh!t. You agg other stuff on accident w/archery. Saw where the global tracker mobs in ds get hit with strays every so often..pretty dumb. As Kiryan's pointed out about tiamat for the 4 years or whatever it is, rangers too are overlooked imho. Rangers are basically bards too in that they aren't masters of fighting, tanking, or anything else. Since they're warrior-sub, it'd be nice to see them handle stuff better. **End rant.

My friend is very patient and he got bored and just quit after lvl 32. The archery made him laugh, literally, when he'd xp so fast at low lvls, then get killed later finding out strays had agg'd something.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri May 27, 2005 6:25 pm

id say rangers are master of single target melee damage.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri May 27, 2005 9:44 pm

Yeh they hit HARD, shame bout arrow loss. I actually suggest people I know roll a ranger to start out. It gives you a chance to play a class that has melee and the spellcasting system, and one that people dont expect much of you so they wont bite your head off when you miss a stone or heal. Also good for exploring a bit and can battle a few things on your own.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat May 28, 2005 1:41 am

You can also heal yourself!!!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”