How about a new Forum for Groups?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Eilorn
Sojourner

How about a new Forum for Groups?

Postby Eilorn » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:36 pm

How about creating a new Forum specifically for forming groups? LFG helps, but, having a forum where you could specify that you would be leading a group at, say, 4pm mudtime some saturday, would help a lot for those of us who have limited mudding time budgets. You could also request groups. Each topic would be limited to a single group.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Seems like the gameplay forum would work for this. Just have an informal rule the all such posts have the phrase "GROUPFORM" or something so could search for them.
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'
Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit
Thracx V'staluz
Sojourner

Postby Thracx V'staluz » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:55 am

We have an looking for group toggle, a channel for forming groups...and now we want a forum? What's the need?
"Only the educated are free." Epictetes
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:12 am

Thracx V'staluz wrote:We have an looking for group toggle, a channel for forming groups...and now we want a forum? What's the need?

At higher levels, you'll probably want to do certain quests or zones that basically require a specific set of classes and or take an extensive amount of time, and just asking around on the mud to do a Scorx run (for instance, since you're an elementalist) at any random time is bound to get you a whole lot of crickets chirping and maybe one or two people to respond.

As far as the original post, I think a grouping forum would be rather nice.. when I wanted to form my Scorx run and I petitioned, though, I was told to use the General Forum, which worked well enough.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:28 am

..We have an looking for group toggle, a channel for forming groups...and now we want a forum? What's the need?..

The need is that many quest fights, or major time-requirement zones require significant pre-planning. They often can't be accomplished using the standard (live/in-game) options.

General and Gameplay formns have served well in the past to facilitate this need though. Bump the topic as the time approaches, and voila, you have your group...

I do agree, that a separate (and consistently on-topic) forum for this purpose would be a great tool... If it were to be implemented, let's please keep it free from the standard.... chatter...

-Nek

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”