trophy idea

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Demuladon
Sojourner

trophy idea

Postby Demuladon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:44 pm

As a mob heads to larger % on your trophy, it starts to CRIT you more since that mob type has "become aware of you".

On the up side, not having a mob on your trophy means standard crit rate applies.

You can keeps xp's from a mob the same, and still have a penalty for over farming a particular xp zone.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:36 pm

Wouldn't that also mean fighter types would also crit more on trophied mobs because your more familiar with or aware of the mob, making them easier to attack? Just a thought.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:07 pm

Doesn't Pril already go down easy? Do we really need to give him a reason to get on his knees faster?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:23 pm

Birile wrote:Doesn't Pril already go down easy? Do we really need to give him a reason to get on his knees faster?

Yes.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:41 pm

Ashiwi wrote:
Birile wrote:Doesn't Pril already go down easy? Do we really need to give him a reason to get on his knees faster?

Yes.

Stop encouraging him. *scold*
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:35 pm

Birile wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:

Yes.

Stop encouraging him. *scold*

Much hage! :p

Pril
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:41 am

*SWAT* Birile.

Pril - no trophy benefit for players, just mobs. eg. perhaps if you have

22.3% a forest giant

then the forest giant has 22.3% chance of criting you. You could keep xping on forest giants with your 22.3% trophy if you want, but it's going to hurt...
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:02 pm

Demuladon wrote:*SWAT* Birile.

Pril - no trophy benefit for players, just mobs. eg. perhaps if you have

22.3% a forest giant

then the forest giant has 22.3% chance of criting you. You could keep xping on forest giants with your 22.3% trophy if you want, but it's going to hurt...

They are mobiles. If you fight different giants (as the assumption of a gamer is generally that the mobile isn't resurrected at repop, but perhaps another has taken its place ) why would they have a better chance of critting you? If next to a human town, you'd think they might have experience fighting humans or something of that nature. But, since all races here are humanoids, that wouldn't make much of a difference.
Pril has a much better point imho. Your experience in fighting giants would be significant. This should increase your ability to fight them and in exchange give you, the player, a higher crit rate. What makes sense is, if
you are better at killing a creature because of a LOT of experience killing it, you learn less each time you do it. Making the exp reduction from that particular mob number logical. The reason this makes sense is that you don't die. and if you do, you are resurrected, not replaced. And if not resurrected, i'm assuming your diety is reincarnating you or something.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:06 pm

Pril wrote:Much hage! :p

Pril

I'm so confused up to this point that's all i've posted on this thread, i'm not sure why delmair thinks it's a good point nor do i understand why Demuladon is arguing with that in the fashion that he is.... am i the only one confused? Are there some secret hidden posts that i can't see that i supposedly made? *PONDER*

Pril
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:25 pm

Pril.. I blame the halfling.

Delmair what you describe is the traditional view of the trophy, as a mechanism to reduce xp as punishment for people for continually xping in the same area.

I'm suggesting a different view of trophy, a different mechanism to punish the player for continually xping in the same area.

The mob having a better chance to kill you (ie crit) because, for example, the mob tribe you have been butchering has been watching how you fight are developing tactics to beat you.
Zwathix
Sojourner

Postby Zwathix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:03 pm

The mob having a better chance to kill you (ie crit) because, for example, the mob tribe you have been butchering has been watching how you fight are developing tactics to beat you.

That's interesting.

The opposite could also happen once trophy got high enough. The MOB could flee when engaged due to your reputation as a killer...

or even cause MOBs to yell for reinforcements.

Is it realistic to think that, after slaughtering a bunch of orcs in a temple thus raising your trophy, you could simply walk back into the temple and begin killing them again? Shouldn't the 'word' have gotten out about your hatred for orcs?
-zg

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”