Elemental damage on melee attacks

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
kiryan
Sojourner

Elemental damage on melee attacks

Postby kiryan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:50 pm

I'd like to see a set of spells that turns melee damage into elemental damage and add damage. It could also possibly add additional procs to the characters attacks. Probably Fire, Cold and Lightning.

The spells would stagger in at different circles starting with fire (low damage) cold (medium damage) then lightning (most damage). It would be important to consider how pff and pfc and pfl factor in since most high level mobs seem to be prot all... we don't want to under most (if not all) reduce melee damage done... this should always provide some bonus damage and in some cases a significant increase in damage.

As for procs and additional benefit, Fire could probably ignore cold shield and cold ignore fire shield (or vice versa) and possibly do double damage to the target. cold could have a possibility of a slow proc or a stat reducing proc (agi or dex or str) and lightning could possibly have a stun effect.

The main impact of the spell should be to give rangers additional melee damage ability perhaps bringing it up to archery level under certain circumstances (cold against fire based mobs, fire against cold based mobs) while giving both rangers and elementalists further group oriented abilities. I might suggest that the spell not affect 1h piercers or at least not affect shorter weapons like daggers / dirks so that rogue damage isn't affected significantly.

I might consider not giving these spells to elementalist to focus on making rangers more group friendly however i couldnt see not giving it to elementalists in some form based on theme. Perhaps the ranger version of the spell would be more effective and last much longer and the elementalist version have a shorter duration. The spell should definitely only work on players (no pets).

I would also like to see an innate ability for rangers to add elemental damage to their archery at a cost of mana each attack (not something you can keep up indefinitely, but something you could use to spurt out extra damage for 1 minute) to maintain archery's dominance in ranger damage and to raise their maximum possible damage per second (dps) even if for only a short time.

Id also like to see additional damage types added like light/dark and add it to the necro class.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:53 pm

help song of the elements
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:57 pm

ok well make it a spell now for rangers and elementalists.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”