questmob oops...

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Nekelet
Sojourner

questmob oops...

Postby Nekelet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:02 am

Bumped into an issue today with a questmob whose inventory was full. Gave 7/10 items, and he couldn't receive more. He wasn't bugged, just was full of non-questable items, I *think*.

Would one of the following be possible:

oops questmob: mob drops (or returns, if transient) all you have given him.
wojambo questmob: mob drops everything. (and we trust people to get only their stuff)
--Hey, Look, I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=191
Botef
Sojourner

Re: questmob oops...

Postby Botef » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:35 pm

Nekelet wrote:Bumped into an issue today with a questmob whose inventory was full. Gave 7/10 items, and he couldn't receive more. He wasn't bugged, just was full of non-questable items, I *think*.

Would one of the following be possible:

oops questmob: mob drops (or returns, if transient) all you have given him.
wojambo questmob: mob drops everything. (and we trust people to get only their stuff)

Solving quests would become much easier...You could guess and toss them items till you figure out which item they are hinting at without having to worry about smiting the mob...especially important to consider when the quest mob is rare.

However it would be nice if a mobs quest entires didn't overload the mob, or if all mobs had some kind of standard consent social like poking...
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Try bowing
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:19 pm

Yeah, agree that there could be abuse potential.

This wasn't a consent or weight situation, mob literally had inventory full with other peoples attempts. In this case it wasn't a huge deal, but what if you had just given some PITA rare and couldn't give a quest placeholder token because mob was full of rations or something...

Maybe this is a situation that will always require imm. intervention. Just throwing the idea out there for debate.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:26 pm

We mostly use bow for consenting, but its not anything thats hard coded.
Most of the time the quest text will tell you what to do to get the mobs consent.
If you come across a quest that you think the mob needs to consent you so you can hand it items, please let us know so that we can get it fixed up.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 pm

I've run into a few mobs that did not have a consent social that required consent to complete the quest...My guess is most of these occasions are because one or two of the quest items had their wieghts changed at some point and had not been noticed yet. :)
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”