roleplay, restrings, and boobs oh my!

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

would this be something you enjoy?

yes
59%
no
14%
areh why do you bother us?
27%

Total votes: 37
Areh
Sojourner

roleplay, restrings, and boobs oh my!

Postby Areh » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:12 am

here is an idea:

ask questmaster quest

The High Questmaster of Waterdeep tells you ' Hello Areh, welcome back to the city of splendors. Alas I am a busy man so lets get right down to it.

Quest:

The High Questmaster of Waterdeep continues,
For many passing eve's the scouts of Waterdeep have watched those cursed trolls of trollbark forest venture futher and futher towards our borders, and with our legions be so widespread we cannot afford to
send anymore reinforcements to watch over the great Zundbridge. So
what I ask of you now is to venture into the forests of Trollbark and
return to me the 'head of the troll high chief' So that we may mount
it upon the Zundbridge as further warning to those who would think it
light to march for our beloved city.

I also must inform you that this task must be completed before the passing of 3 moons. (72 Real World Minutes) Goodluck.

once this is set in motion a mob carring the item desired would spawn anywhere in tb level of mobs and difficulty of quest should depend on class/level of player. or it could be a longer time to complete and spawn two mobs in tb perhaps a ranger killed this troll and took his head and now in turn wants something from you in tb in exchange for the head.

Ok so you return to wd with the head.

give head questmaster

The High Questmaster of Waterdeep smiles happily and says 'This will look marvelous hanging from the great Zundbridge. Here is a token of my appreciation.

You Recieve 100 Quest points.

the quest points would vary by level/difficulty.

now for prizes..

quest list

The High Questmaster of Waterdeep says ' Hello Areh, you currently have 3200 quest points what can I provide for you today?

Quest Prizes:

Item Restring -- 01000 quest points (help *restring)
NoBurn an Item -- 02000 quest points (help *noburn)
Relocation Scroll -- 00500 quest points (help *scrollrelo)
NoDrop Weapon -- 05000 quest points (help*nodrop)
Plus One to Stat -- 50000 quest points (help *statmod)
No Fail Ressurection -- 90000 quest points (help *nofailres)

anyways u get the idea.. u decide what the rewards are coders.

helpfiles would consist of info on how to use and reastring items...
but hell it would add excitment and i think fun to the game...

questsmaster's could be in every good and evil hometown.
quest times could be like 20 mins before can quest again upon completing a quest or quiting it or whatever... anyways i really would like some feedback on this idea i think it will add some rp fun for everyone and the restring thing everyone is mad about could be adressed also and it would add a reward system that only you the player can control...

no as for the last part of my post... boobs... i love them... and i think almost all men and some women will agree boobs are vereh good!

anyways post some feedback on this and hopefully we can get it rollin!

Konichiwah biches!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:34 am

if restrings are going to remain "quest" oriented, I think leaving it to real RP quests run by the quest spehere is better than some sort of automated randomly generated system of "go fetch."

One of the biggest problems with these kinds of systems is coming up with enough "random" quests and or actually creating some sort of truly random generator that actually is balanced time/risk vs # of points.

-----

However, I'd go in an entirely different direction. if your going to create some sort of non quest manner of getting restrings, I'd rather see them as part of an eq/plat sink. So you like walk up to a mob hand them a belt of iron bands and he melts it down into its eq calcr points. Then say [some random number] * x eq calcr points = xth restring. Then add a proc that only allows the "owner" to wear the item so that everyone can get restrings, but some folks will really have to work to wear a lot of restrings.

or

tie them into the "epic" points concept that duris has where at the very end of a zone you get a certain # of epic points based on the "difficulty"

or

tie them into some sort of a tradeskill

or

some sort of kingdom code stuff (so many different views on what all is in "kingdom code")

-----

konnichiwa bitches? "hello bitches" at the conclusion of your post? What kind of retarded statement is that?
Areh
Sojourner

Postby Areh » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:30 am

as i said this is a very basic idea... man mods could be made to it... but the idea to strickly point out restrings goes to show you missed the whole idea... what this whole system would do if offer motivation for all ppl to get involved in quests and the rp of that npc's may provide... the restrings would be player chose and wrote with a strict guidline to follow as far as text and content as to avoid offending anyone... ive seen this system work before on another mud.. and in all seriousness does an item being restrung really make that big a deal... allowing a player to customise his/her gear is only something that would help make a char more origional to rp with instead of spending hours putting a nice rp suit together spend hours making your all the time gear your rp gear.. as far as kiryan's post goes the only thing i agreed to be a good idea is that if you were to restring that the item would become bound to the player meaning if you upgrade to a new helm your restrung helm cannot be sold or worn by other players... perhaps add a place ingame where such items could be destroyed or a place in your storage cache to store or dispose of items..[/quote]
Teralyn
Sojourner

Postby Teralyn » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:42 am

Hey I remember this system. It actually worked out really well. This type of system also helps the non-explored ppl (like me) to get out and explore a bit more.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:07 am

Restrings (and artifacts) should be given to people who play the game, not to those who twinkletoe around the mud whispering hello to everyone. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Areh
Sojourner

Postby Areh » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:18 am

then i guess u dont need to worry about it eh corth being as u dont play?

c 'moonwell' corth

kthxbye
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:14 am

Areh wrote:then i guess u dont need to worry about it eh corth being as u dont play?

c 'moonwell' corth

kthxbye

Owned :(
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:36 pm

I was just thinking how fun it would be if ansi changed on eq in zones. Zone writers would write the eq with many different ansi schemes, same eq. At boot, the eq drops the same, same pieces load, but ansi changes?

Everyone would still have the same eq, but we'd all look differentl

Just a random thought I guess.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:08 pm

Areh wrote:then i guess u dont need to worry about it eh corth being as u dont play?

c 'moonwell' corth

kthxbye

And my position would be much more convincing if I stood to gain from it, right?

Nancies that quest should not be rewarded over the hardcore gamer. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Areh
Sojourner

Postby Areh » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:09 pm

Nancies that quest should not be rewarded over the hardcore gamer. :)

there are other threads ive read from you corth stating that ppl who befriend gods or hoover thier way thru life deserve artifacts or restrings..
now your position stands that the hardcore gamers deserve it? sounds more to me like your just up for stiring controversey... hey i cant complain about that after all there can be no order without chaos. but never the less this system as read above a single quest could take an hour to complete and lets think.. they hardcore games usually on zones from ttf to izan's ususally only take an hour an a half so your still investing the time to learn the game as the quests would send you all over as well as encourage players new and old to oh i dunno leave the inn in wd. and as i said if you do get a restring is it really such a big deal? its the same damn gear cept it reads something u like not to mention it would also create a limit on some items as after being restrung they are worthless to anyone cept that owner... i mean hell it would even help on rotted corpses or dropped weapons as being bound to that player a simple id could identify the owner.. im not trying to reward anyone who doesnt deserve it or what not but lets be realistic... we have a limited pbase and with games like wow out there what would be the harm of letting the players invest in something that would end in a personal gain for themselves? i mean heck we have to draw interest back to toril if we hope to strive at least a while longer... I have activly played toril for 7 years and 10 years ago when i first started i seen pbases of nearly 500 players at some points with evils reaching the numbers of what goodies do now mabye more... all im asking if lets give something new a try i mean if it doesnt work it can always be removed right? but as i said ive seen this system at work and it is a motivation for a whole new type of fun and gaming:) thanks.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Areh wrote: all im asking if lets give something new a try i mean if it doesnt work it can always be removed right?

I dunno, what happened to the 1kp khanjaris?

shrug...
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:43 pm

People who lack the capacity to use paragraphs should not be rewarded with restrings. Yeeeesh! :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Areh
Sojourner

Postby Areh » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:31 pm

if you wanna flame on my spelling typing whateva then please make an Areh's lack of grammar post and start a poll there on how to rate my typing lol... if i wanted to worry about my spelling or phrasing or sentance structure id log off and go finish my book...

kthxbye
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:36 am

Corth wrote:People who lack the capacity to use paragraphs should not be rewarded with restrings. Yeeeesh! :)

And corth gets up swinging! I'm ready for round 2!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:10 am

In all honesty most mudders wont read posts beyond two or three lines per paragraph. No slur intended at all.

-Italian Proverb
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:27 pm

Corth's in rare form ;)

i didn't miss the point, i think more restrings are good, however, giving them out for a bunch of (most likely) stupid mini quests is not.

Restrings are worth A LOT at present, numerous not several high end items perhaps even tia gear IF you can find someone who will trade, so you must be careful how drastically you upset their value imo.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:27 pm

Ambar wrote:I was just thinking how fun it would be if ansi changed on eq in zones. Zone writers would write the eq with many different ansi schemes, same eq. At boot, the eq drops the same, same pieces load, but ansi changes?

Everyone would still have the same eq, but we'd all look differentl

Just a random thought I guess.

Hey don't knock yourself, it's a good idea. Seriously. :)
Osheara
Sojourner

Good Idea

Postby Osheara » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Honestly, I like the idea. People can bicker about restrings and whatever else they feel like, but it's not like the rewards are set in stone or this idea is even going to get into the god's discussion room.

The point of the idea seems to be: Do this quest, get points, pick your own reward based on how much time you put into doing the quests.

The points given do not have to be a single amount for each quest. Hense, you could do an easier quest over and over and over again, wasting hours of your life for a certain amount of points. OR...you could do a single higher quest that takes a lot of time for a larger amount of quest points and waste hours of your life that way :)

Another idea would be so that you need to get an item that you must quest somewhere else in the game. In the end, it could help use up a lot of rl time and in-game plats.

He was posting suggestions, not saying 'this is what we must have'.

In regards to restrings...it would be nice to have an option available to those of us who have not been able to manage to be available when the immortals happen to do rp events. There is absolutely no reason why this option would have to be by any means easy, but it would be nice for that option to at least be there to strive for.

And Areh, use more paragraphs!!!
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:04 pm

Corth wrote:Restrings (and artifacts) should be given to people who play the game, not to those who twinkletoe around the mud whispering hello to everyone. :)

whisper corth hello

damn slippery mage...his quests never work
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Corth tells you 'I was breaking the game with MY ridiculously overpowered Tiamat eq before Areh even rolled his first character.'
Shevarash GCC: 'Are you going to be confrontational to me everytime I answer a question on GCC and you're at keys?'
Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:52 pm

Why is this sounding like an attempt to continue/start a corth vs. areh?

Gormal: What was the reason for you posting that? Why not just keep stuff like that between yourself/Corth/Areh? It's no one else's business and some of us don't care to read it on the BBS.

This is the silly nonsense that determined why I rarely if ever post on the BBS and why many others I've known don't read/post as well. I've just started getting back into actually reading it again, and to be honest, not enjoying what I am seeing.

If this is all just a flirting game between the two, great, but please don't bring other people into it on the bbs.

He posted an idea. A decent amount of people out there appear to think it is a decent one and are interested. It would be nice to hear from an immortal's perspective from it. If not, oh well.

Ambar: I love the idea of some zone eq that changes color. There's this one shop that does that with junk/play eq and I LOVE it. Even if that were to happen in just a couple of zones with eq worth wearing on a normal basis.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:11 pm

I vote yes for boobs.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:14 pm

roleplay restringing boobs?

Is that like pretending to be a plastic surgeon?
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:03 pm

I already have a pair...and not sharing 8)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Gormal wrote:Corth tells you 'I was breaking the game with MY ridiculously overpowered Tiamat eq before Areh even rolled his first character.'

Corth knows too much, therefore, his thoughts are ignored. Ironic isn't it? The people who know the most get ignored.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Areh
Sojourner

Postby Areh » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:19 pm

ok here is my last stand.. you wanna attack me attack me but im sick and damn well tired of being acused of being a newbie... as for you gormal but the hell out and fyi to all you ppl who doubt me i was there when corth rolled his first puny enc and leveled with his ass... i was there when miax came down on kajib in lava tubes right before the game went down... i was there when elementals had 2k hp i was also there when tia was killed the first time.... not this time "the" first time... and i dont really at all appreciate the treatment ive recieved because i took a break.

when miax closed toril or sojourn or whatever incasrnation it was called i took a 4 year break so im penalized when i come back cause there are zones that exist now that didint then? it was so nice coming back at first and all my old friends helpin me out (you know who you are) but lets get the facts on what oldschool is.... oldschool is those of us left around who showed all u elites today what is what...

so for everyone to attack me on bbs, in-game, and try to blacklist me cause i won a damn circlet from tiamat (u also know who you are) has me really considering leaving again... or mabye ill take nilan thisulen's approach and roll and evil to get the hell away from the rudeness.

last but not least almost every "elite" player left here i know and leveld my alts with many years ago and im kind of embarassed to see you guys act like this towards what you believe to be new players.

so blast or flame on me or whatever i dont care anymore.

kthxbye
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:32 pm

they're just jealous you won tia circlet.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Hell, I'm just jealous he won Tia circlet... No good, dirty, rotten, stinkin' shmoo.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:26 pm

I bid on something else entirely that run, and the bastard still walked away with my circlet :p
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:22 am

Areh wrote:i was there when corth rolled his first puny enc and leveled with his ass...

As I recall, there were no enchanters when I first rolled Corth. :)

Hey I have no idea who you are. I understand that you feel strongly about your post, and I meant no disrespect in my replies. I think the mention of boobs just got me a little riled up!

Listen.. I'm a disgruntled old fart because I never got a restring even though I've done everything you can do on this mud. It used to tick me off when I saw people get that type of reward for mass smiting a level 5 mob invasion and using ye olde englishe (thy art thou roleplaying nancy). Its all good though. I'll read your stuff even if you don't use paragraphs :)

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:11 pm

Iest art alsowst withoust restrings, kind sir.

But I thinkest that Yee Ol' Englishst is gooddest, and hopest It will be thatst that brigst me art resting.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:04 pm

Corth, I think if you used that bastardized version of Old English, that would make you the "disgruntledest old fart."

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:21 pm

I'm going to start adding the </joke> tag to my posts to prevent hissy fits.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:16 pm

Gormal is a serial offender of the <a href="http://www.dane101.com/current/2006/01/09/new_legislation_could_squash_anonymous_commentary_on_the_internet_that_annoys">"Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act."</a> Lock him up and throw away the key!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:41 pm

The RPQ staff has an established system for earning restrings, take some time to get involved. And for whatever its worth, roleplaying does not mean "nancying around the mud saying hello to everyone", or talking in sad olde english. Our Roleplay-Quest system is much more evolved than that, check out the RPQ forum for more information.

There are many paths to advancement on Toril, there's no reason why all paths must lead to the same rewards.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:56 pm

Shev:

Its completely lame that the only way to get a restring is to RP. I am glad that your RPQ staff has a procedure. Now how about some staff catering to those of us who do not RP but otherwise contribute to the mud, like, for instance, leading and participating in the big zones on a daily basis.

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:36 pm

Shev:

Its completely lame that the only way to get equipment is to zone. I am glad that your Areas staff has a procedure. Now how about some staff catering to those of us who do not have the skills and time but otherwise contribute to a non-essential part of the mud, like, for instance, rping, writing stories, and participating in biased judgement of players on a weekly basis.

Dartan
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:54 pm

Corth:

Stop trolling, its completely lame.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:05 pm

Wait...if Shev = Corth...then why the self hate? Have a little self esteem man!
Kallinar goes MOO

Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:36 pm

Our psychiatrist tried to explain it once but he wasn't too succesful. Unfortunately, Shev is the dominant personality. If I were in charge, we wouldn't be losing 50% of our pbase every year.

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:56 pm

Right, because of your sunny disposition no doubt.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Kingdom code. More restrings. Class balance. EQ balance. Fights (and in particular dragons) which require skill rather than simply throwing bodies at the fight. Artifacts. Politics. God favoritism.

That sort of thing, Shev. :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:23 pm

You have to zone to go to Tia.

You have to roleplay to get a restring.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:40 pm

changed my mind :P

-Italian Proverb
Boboloppe
Sojourner

Postby Boboloppe » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:50 pm

for the record that isn't Old English. it's Middle English that is what would have been used in the romaticly depicted time of knights and chivalry.

old English doesn't even look enough like modern english to half ass guess what someone is saying.

thank you for you time. Thow has made a most enjoyable time for all my good sir and may the fine example of knightly prowess that thow are never diminish.
Fresh from the Taint.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:50 am

Boboloppe wrote:old English doesn't even look enough like modern english to half ass guess what someone is saying.

And for those of you wondering, modern english looks like this...

I'll stop the world and melt with you
You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time
There's nothing you and I won't do
I'll stop the world and melt with you

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:52 am

And Dartan, man, stoppit, I can't take it.

Laughing at the things you say is somehow unnatural and tends to cause quantum irregularities.

daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:01 am

Hrm.

First, Im all for boobies. Lets just get that out of the way.

2, am I one of the only ones who realized Gormal was just joking?

3, I think that you should just post your ideas in a positive manner and quit flaming people, Corth.

If you are burned out, then be burned out and quit trolling. Or if you are not, then start contributing again. I think your ideas are sometimes good, but your attitude stinks and its very arrogant, and I rather doubt that everything you do would turn to gold while everything Shev does has been bad for the mud.

And yeah, believe it or not, I been here since a couple of months after they first went public, tho I did take a small break there for a few years too, just like the Areh.

4. I'm surprised you rose to the bait Shev, tho I can understand.

5. Areh, way to go, you just notched 'use paragraphs'!! Hope you max it.

6. Erm, I think restrings should be more attainable by more players, and not stricly limited to those who can and will put in a lot of time and long and possibly convoluted RP quest missions.

I tended to RP my socks off as an evil, in lots of groups, according to my own free will. My troll was disgusting, and ate things, and constantly killed things whether i should or not in a zone. He was terrified of illithid, due to a traumatic childhood experience, and would panic and flee if one entered the room.

My drow were contemptuous of most other races, especially humans, and RP-ed at other grey's so well, lots of them couldnt understand my RP flag and chewed me out for being so evil. *shrug*

None of that was ever noticed by the gods, and some of it probably lessened my 'likeability' in zone groups.

I also rp-ed in some of the god run things, but they were always in the wrong time of the middle of the frikkin night (some of us live in europe), and to be frank, I lost interest as my attention span is a bit too short to take part in such a long and drawn out story. Tho I do wish i had had time to ride a dragon. Not sure what happened with those quest points i did earn.

I am also, to my knowledge, the only person to have ever quested the menzo-relocation program quest for dk drow. It was hard, and took too long, and I was upset to have been told that the god in charge barely let me do it as 'I took way too long' and i dont exactly remember the reason i was given as to why I was allowed to finish it in the end. At any rate I was miffed enough to drop the follow up.

I remember the RP staff being absent for a long time, (as was i, hey i do study at uni and have exams), and the evil pbase was SO DISMAL that I could never have finished were it not for a lot of real cool people (you know who yu are) who logged their evils to help us smite the vault dragon (just after dragon changes went in, they were still WELL overpowered), and even then it wouldnt have happened had i not rollplayed enough to get the gods to make an one-time item to help in the fight.

So I do got a unique, !bits, totally useless item now except it looks cool... not sure what happened to any quest points I may have gotten tho..

And then there is my non-nancy activties, like starting and leading a guild to rally evils as the pbase died, dedicated to training n00bs and mid-level players alike, and letting any and all who had a positive attitude and the desire to play to join. We had l33t players too, who I encouraged to lead zones and teach tricks and who helped me out a ton as well. You guys are great, you all know who you are.

And all the zone leading I eventually did, even if it was 'sub-calliber' compared to a full on steam roller group smiting SPOB in 3 hours.

And all the zones I followed in, tanking or scaling or nuking or whatever.

And all the people I've just helped thru the years, with quests or CR's or what have you..

Anyhow, the long rant is over, and my question remains...

Do I deserve a restring one of these days?? Would hope so. Would think others do, too. More restrings, please.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:56 am

Catching up on your reading Daggaz?

I'd flame you for being a moron but I've decided in the last three months to be a kinder and gentler Corth.

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:23 am

I'm looking at your post, Daggaz, and will get a response to you when I can. But I see a big misconception that should be cleared up quickly.

Well before the split, back when Miax was in charge of the Quest Sphere, Malar and Iuz spoke with a fair number of roleplayers who said that they did not want roleplay to intrude upon a group in a zone - so we don't. The last time we did is because a Forger asked us to do so, to help a party with a sticky situation (fixed so it can't happen again). Unfortunately, that means that your extensive roleplay was not where we could have had a chance to observe.

Unless something dire happens, RP-Q will not interfere/interact with a group in a zone.

Auril

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”