State of the Lich, Dear Eilistraee

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

State of the Lich, Dear Eilistraee

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:08 pm

I'm not sure if you still remember, but there had been some talks and suggestions for the handling of a Lich's movement? I was wondering if anything of that nature is still being developed or even considered? What I remember is some suggestions for a unique way to handle their movement, but now I'm wondering if something simpilar (while still in theme) would be considered? Such as:

Perhaps Lichs (not Necros) could simply be given the Summon Mount ability just like that of an anti-paladin? There by allowing them to summon a nightmare mount?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:08 am

Lich moves should be infinite. I don't see what the big deal is, considering bards get that, AND fly.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:29 am

Well, NEAR infinite...
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:48 am

I had actually forgotten, I'm sorry. I do remember the discussion, and can bump the consideration of what to do with their moving ability back up on the consideration and action list.
Eilistraee
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:42 pm

8)

Undead don't get tired. They shouldn't even have a movement score.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:04 pm

I think the movement score is more to determine how many disco moves a lich can bust before bodyparts start flying loose.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:49 pm

I hear there are some liches in the game that dance . . but only in the horizontal position! *gasp*
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 am

A real log from my lich...

get wand gut

You do not seem to have the gut.

boggle

You boggle at that concept.

You group-say 'um, did someone pick up my gutbag when we ressed or something? it's got the key to get us out in it!!!!'.

Gormal group-says 'hrmm did you leave it with your arm when you unlocked the door in the first place?'

You group-say 'wtf?!?! oh man not again'

equ
<worn on arm> a deep blue sleeve
<worn on hand> a charred gauntlet

You tell Lilithelle 'um... any chance of running into scorps and snagging my other arm off the seal and welling it to me? I think I left it there again... has the one blue sleeve, a charred gauntlet, a magi ring and is holding a gutbag...'
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Thnx Eili.

And guys/girls. The reason lich can't have unlimited moves is because of dragging pcorpses. One of the previous and more popular ideas was to give lich's the movement regen similar to a bard's song. So they just regen'd very fast but couldn't drag 100 corpses all over the mud in one movement.

So if Lich's had unlimited moves, they could drag piles of corpses around behind them everywhere. Kinda defeats the whole purpose. Plus I doubt you all want to see that spam.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:40 pm

Sarell wrote:A real log from my lich...

get wand gut

You do not seem to have the gut.

boggle

You boggle at that concept.

You group-say 'um, did someone pick up my gutbag when we ressed or something? it's got the key to get us out in it!!!!'.

Gormal group-says 'hrmm did you leave it with your arm when you unlocked the door in the first place?'

You group-say 'wtf?!?! oh man not again'

equ
<worn on arm> a deep blue sleeve
<worn on hand> a charred gauntlet

You tell Lilithelle 'um... any chance of running into scorps and snagging my other arm off the seal and welling it to me? I think I left it there again... has the one blue sleeve, a charred gauntlet, a magi ring and is holding a gutbag...'

ROFLMAOWTFME

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”