Accounting for deletion...

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Tasan
Sojourner

Accounting for deletion...

Postby Tasan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:35 am

Just came to me...

Lately a lot of shareware i've tested has a prompt for entering an opinion/information about why you've gone and uninstalled it. I wonder if we could benefit from having a similar option after deleting a character. I realize that a lot of new players that decide to not play won't delete, but perhaps those that do will offer some feedback on the reasons why and help the development process along. I would bet that many of the people who come here do not even bother registering for the bbs if they play and decide they don't like it.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:52 pm

It should be noted that at least two MMOs that I know of have done this, as well. Sounds like a good idea to me.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:29 am

Sure, but your quitting new player is much more likely to simply log out and never come back than to actually delete the character. I see no downside to prompting for this information, but I don't really think it's going to target the right people. You'd probably get a bunch of regulars deleting alts and such, rather than valuable input from new players.

Besides, and I'm going to be honest here... there's been no shortage of IDEAS about how to make things better for newbies. This was my own biggest platform for years. The problem isn't in the generation of ideas, the problem is in implementation.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:19 pm

Ragorn wrote:Sure, but your quitting new player is much more likely to simply log out and never come back than to actually delete the character.

Pretty sure I already stated that. Implementation may be a problem, but I can't see how more information can hurt.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:49 pm

Ragorn wrote:The problem isn't in the generation of ideas, the problem is in implementation.

QFT

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”