The final step away from stock

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Malvareth
Sojourner

The final step away from stock

Postby Malvareth » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:01 am

This is an idea for 2.0, something I'd like to see but don't expect everybody to agree with. I'm just throwing it out there because it was on my mind.

I'd like to see Toril take the last step away from DIKU stock. I'm not talking about actual content, but there are still plenty of traces back to the original DIKU that was written some seventeen years ago. I'm talking about socials (complete with their horrible spelling and strange wording), echoes of various kinds, consider messages and so on. We still have loads of little details that keep reminding us that some parts of the game have never changed.

I know it's not high priority to fix these things, and I don't know if the staff even wants to. Maybe they somehow like these things. I personally would like to see the mud made entirely unique with, at the very least, social emotes that weren't written almost two decades ago by university students with second-language english.
Jergal
Sojourner

Postby Jergal » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:26 am

The RP-Q staff will be working on the socials http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18063 . As you recognize, it is not high priority. We expect that some socials will not change while others will be greatly changed.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”