Since 2.0 is unknown for imp..

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Since 2.0 is unknown for imp..

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:27 pm

Allegedly, since the bot inducing !increase in repeated 'practices,' a.k.a. spamming commands til you get a damned notch, can it just be made now where we can pay to practice at our guild as it is now?

Back in Toril 1..Sojourn maybe, you could practice per level relative to wisdom. Letting us just practice now and pay for it would help rid the volume of empty coins that mean nothing other than potions and ...well, not quite sure what good money is in the game, save pots/scrolls.

I just don't see why if something is being fixed in 2.0, that we would not be able to get to do it now. Empty spamming of commands just to see a notch ever-so-seldomly..Just don't see the point.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:16 am

Wow apparently you have been here a while.. and yet, you are only now becoming disgruntled. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:09 am

I think it's a shame that money's the object irl besides family (as far as goals of humans.) But in the mud, money isn't really anything. Happiness is measured by who has most toys. It'd just be nice to pay for skills since this will supposedly be fixed in 2.0. Waiting sux
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Money does have a value in game. E.g. auction actually works, noone tosses 50k plat after something just for the fun of it.

Also many quests require plat, e.g. some arrows.

Not sure about your original idea, but to say coinage has no value is not true.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:16 pm

It would be interesting to see some numbers on how many 'hides' a rogue would have to do to get their hide skill to perfect (!fail, not 99) and then average how often a rogue actually hides in zones/xp/rare hunting and how often zones get done. I bet the amount of time to get your hide skill to that level through actual usage would translate to years and years and years of play time - just to reach what most people consider 'usable' by rogue standards.

Consider how many hours of repetitive hide practice it takes to get a single notch and spread that out over years and years of zoning. Its asinine how bent out of shape some people get over skill botting considering the reality of it all.

As for this idea, it might work but only if the amount of time needed to gather plats for notches is equal or lesser than the amount of time repetitive skill practice takes. Either way, its a time sink for a time sink.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:46 pm

I agree with the theory here. If i'm not mistaken you still can purchase skill bumps, but only for the first few steps of a skill. The combat skills for me went up relatively quickly, and what i couldn't do with that, i just walked up to a wraithform mob with a !magic weapon and chatted the hours away. The difficult part for me as an anti, was bringing up my spellcasting skills, and my non-combat skills. I have used apply poison CONSTANTLY since i recieved the skill, and yet i still haven't maxed it (and it maxes at 70). That seems pretty silly considering 100+ days of ptime. And these aren't in corth hours! Perhaps something could be implimented for these upper steps that is of course incredibly expensive.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:28 am

How old is Ashiwi?

Assassination = 94.

I gave up.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:34 am

Ashiwi wrote:How old is Ashiwi?

Assassination = 94.

I gave up.

I think mine is in the 80's... I was lazy about practicing that one.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:43 pm

I wasn't, though. It's been at 94 for at least two years or more.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:36 am

Think I managed 91 on mine before I retired.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”