Times of the day vs. Druidic powers

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Times of the day vs. Druidic powers

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56 pm

possible for more theme spells that would have effects on spells related to full night or straight sunlight in how it enhances druids' spells? At least some spells would benefit. Maybe duration of moonwell at night, or shortness during the day. Dunno about D&D, just seemed like a cool theme idea.

PS I like theme ideas that don't slow down gameplay. Slowness caused by ferries, and so forth.

Hell, another semi-idea is having shopkeepers and guards take a portion. A shopkeeper says 'Yeah, I sell that but it's 10% more since you woke me up." Or a guard saying "The gates should be closed, it'll cost you to get in.'
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: Times of the day vs. Druidic powers

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:44 pm

I like skillful ways that players can enhance the power of their spells and skills. I loved the idea of spell coordination code, because the idea was pitched to us as a system by which players would be able to combine their spells for better effect. What we got out of it was feedback, which was a giant nerf to areas that pissed me off royally. But that's an example of a system that allows players to use their skills to produce greater effects than someone who just mashes keys.

Coding Druid spells to time of day is the opposite of that. There's no skill and no player control over that, just a (more or less) random waxing and waning of power. Nobody is going to wait 18 minutes until noon to start a big fight, they're just going to charge in and whatever happens, happens.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Can we combine our powers and summon Captain Planet?
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Cap'n Plentiful is Lili's hubby!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:44 am

Captain Morgan is my dad.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Yasden wrote:Captain Morgan is my dad.

That's not what they mean by "having a little Captain in you."
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”