trash cans

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
grundar
Sojourner

trash cans

Postby grundar » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 am

could we maybe implement some sort of container that purges items in it periodically so that people quit leaving screens upon screens of crap at viperstongue inn?
i mean the shaman is good and all at picking up the trash but not even he can collect the ungodly amounts of CRAP people drop in there
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: trash cans

Postby Kegor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:07 am

Why has no one else thought of this before? Wow, nice idea. = )
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:11 pm

Or mobs that collect garbage and dispose it, and dogs that eat food.

I think that was part of the original DIKU aswell.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 pm

The command used to be 'Bury' And we'd get a silver coin for it! Reinstate it @ once!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:25 pm

On one mud i used to play we had a dump in every town where if u dumped all the crap u carried there ud get coinage for it. The great thing about it was that low lvl chars could search through the garbage and grab somethin that would help them. once an item was dumped though u couldnt get the coinage from it anymore. thought this was an interesting way to handle this as poor chars would always be whiling to take a load of crap and dump it off in the trash and it was still accessible by others who might need it. :)
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 am

Or how about a well like in the WD inn, but one that links all the towns and you can only remove items if under level 20. That way we can dump crap that is useless to us, but someone new might love it.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:32 pm

add a room for junk in vt. if you drop something in the inn, the inn keeper automatically picks it up and gives it back to you, for those bone heads that drop their junk there. drag all mmmmmm
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”