Allow noobs into VT

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
spunionring
Sojourner

Allow noobs into VT

Postby spunionring » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Noobs find themselves completely separated from the pbase by the fact that its a pain to get to VT before level 20. Also there is alot of trash eq leftover from zones that noobs could likely benefit from, if they were able to access VT.

My idea: Add a 1 way exit from Scardale to VT
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Re: Allow noobs into VT

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:27 pm

even better yet add the 1 way door and enable the recall command in VT. scardale is a very lonely place as not a lot of people use it much, maybe get the first 10 or so lvls and than move to CM to kill bats or something. By giving them access to VT they will better be able to get to existing players and they can return to scardale anytime they want to.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:32 pm

nogs, i figure its a pretty easy run to CP if you want to recall back to Scardale, and it would keep things simple for god to imp. But yeah, adding recall ability to VT would be best :)
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 pm

No.

Learning the walking routes on foot around the realms is important, and should be encouraged.

The adventure to try and get to various areas in the realms proper, for newer players once they hit lvl 20+ should remain a big adventure.
BEER
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm

ssar, while i understand your point, and agree that learning walking routes IS important.. I dont think it applies to my original post, which is new players never even know about VT. currently, if a new player logs on, they dont even know there are more populated places than scardale/their hometown.

secondly, most ppl just exp in scardale to 20 and then get a well/hole to VT. most people upon death, just wait for wells/holes too, because they dont know their hometown, much less the walk from there to VT.

No one walks to VT. Especially new players.
Dalyx
Sojourner

Postby Dalyx » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 am

spunionring wrote:No one walks to VT. Especially new players.

I beg to differ. I walk to VT quite often, with several of my chars.

But having a 1-way door/portal to VT from Scardale is a good idea.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 am

I think it's pretty weird looking back that the new 3w is VT
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:37 pm

I think a more elegant solution would be removing the level cap on scarsdale all together so that people can actually assist a new player instead of having to walk them through the newbie zone via tells.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:12 pm

If they allow upper players to join, then the zone definitely needs to repop more frequently. Repop time of less than 10 minutes would definitely help.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:19 pm

I believed that this was talked about before as far as letting helpers into scardale so that they can do that instead of talking over nhc and all that.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Talk is talk! Do is Do!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:17 am

wow, totally old thread here... i always have and always will support the removing of the level cap from scardale.. it will be nice to be able to help the newbies out in scardale rather than try to explain it to them from a distance.. i would hope that shev/shar give this a great deal of thought as it may(and probably will) affect how many new players stick around in the future.. i personally think this change should have been in the day it was suggested :P
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:50 am

If level cap should be removed then Scardale should also be moved to its real location. (South of ZK).

With the new additions to Scardale I must say nothing more is needed. At least not for evilrace.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”