Remove Aging while Rented

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Botef
Sojourner

Remove Aging while Rented

Postby Botef » Thu May 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Please change aging so it does not affect a character when they are rented at an inn. Its an incredible waste of time for both the returning player/character and the necro/lich who has to rejuv them.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Remove Aging while Rented

Postby Thilindel » Thu May 14, 2009 8:28 pm

You know the funniest thing about this is that spells age as well. Any spell I've ever had fades right away on first tick if I've been rented for awhile.

I see aging in the game much like food/drink. I'm so glad that was taken out. It was forced RP which I'm not a fan of... Aging doesn't do anything but annoy just the same. I feel for the wimpy humans, halflings, ogres, etc. that have such relatively short time to be optimum age. Dwarves, gnomes, elves, are much better off in this area.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu May 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Just to be clear I have no gripes with age and the way it works with the exception of getting older while rented. I'm not talking about the spell either, those work just fine. I think age adds a little bit of character tweaking for those who want to take advantage of it. There is more to it than just optimal hp, and weaker races can take advantage of that if they know what to look for!

I just don't like logging in alts to find them hundreds of years old and then having to either wait for multi to fix all my chars in one go or pester some necro/lich who has better things to do. It seems to me that is a facet of gameplay we can do without.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu May 14, 2009 9:06 pm

I was floored when I'd logged an ogre in 2002 and came back to play him in 2004. He had like 180+ moves, but the moves wouldn't regen :P
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”