Followers and casting

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Gukov
Sojourner

Followers and casting

Postby Gukov » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

It would be nice in some situations if players would be forced to stop casting and follow a leader when they move like necro pets do while following their master.
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: Followers and casting

Postby Kegor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 pm

That would be cool. Would be cool if it stood people up also (if they weren't seated from a mob combat action). A command like 'movealone' except named 'moveall' or something like that. Daydreaming is fun, but if I was going to pick daydreams to come true it would not be this one.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:47 am

this would work well for me, i could zone from work and just hope i can get home in time to bid.
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:11 am

Why don't we just let you multi full time so you control the entire group, or let you buy 14 npcs to take with you that you control how you want?
Leave something for people to pay attention to and actually think about.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

The error in your logic marth, is the rest of the group is being punished @ times when there's a partial/full spank because the player(s) will be out of the room. The tension the group leader can give is unwelcome as well when this happens. The group shouldn't be punished because a few are either not paying attention or hurried and didn't see the 'stand/stop casting' Coders made NPC pets for NPC's abort casting, why not further it to the players? Hope it's not 'lets just add features that make it harder for players' only mode of logic there. NPC pets could get plucked for casting out, now they can't. Players, actual people..and their time *duh* get hosed w/o this. I'm all for the idea.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Annam
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Annam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 pm

What if you actually "want" to be casting and don't care about where your group leader goes .. get that last inferno in or something .. or you are ressing somebody?

Id rather have full control of my player. Having to "follow" is bad enough sometimes ..

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”