Pet casting Idea

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Pril
Sojourner

Pet casting Idea

Postby Pril » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:14 pm

It would be nice to be able to set pets to a casting style.

For example:

set 1.ghost Offensive
(Ghost would only cast offensive spells)

etc...
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
grundar
Sojourner

Re: Pet casting Idea

Postby grundar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 am

but.... that would make necros not so annoying and possibly make me exp past lvl 11. cant have that!
Thilindel on Irony: Glibble GCC: 'stupid assed whiners'
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:24 pm

In a somewhat similar vein, I've always thought it would be nice to be able to set the point at which a pet will start to try rescuing their owner. Some pets will automatically do it, but only if the owner is nearly dead.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:24 pm

I'd be happy with just removing the AI that makes casting pets globe themselves when they get hit by a mob.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:09 am

I've brought up removing (m.) globing for pets. It's worthless. Caster pets don't do melee unless they have to, so globing is ridiculous. On the other hand, all caster necro-class mobs vamp touch on their own. Why don't pets? Why don't pets spell up their comrades like mob types do? If you're idle in a room especially. Would be a nice touch. Lastly, it seems level 50 ghosts' heal undead is the same as a player's version..as in it's much weaker. Not sure why.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:32 am

Necros are the worst, or 2nd worst behind psis, class in the game. It's a good thing they can rejuv themselves, because once you get 50, it's the inn from there on in.

Both classes need serious balancing and a big overhaul. Changes to pet code would also go a long way for the necro.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Necros are not the worst class. Its limited by one's imagination. When I played I loved trying to figure out what I could do with my pets. Which is one reason I think Nilly is still 47th. :P

If one has to solo, Necros are fun to do it with. I had the privilege of watching one of the better necros in game to learn lots of little tricks.

Lil
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:25 pm

My imagination is pretty good when it comes to doing "tricks" and necromancers aren't the class to do them with.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 am

One of the big problems with necros is the one function they actually could serve in a group was nerfed by the bandaid fixes. With res fx halved and res song soul walk is pretty useless unless your in tiamat. What the class really needs is some useful buff/debuff since giving them a ton of damage would undermine lich.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 am

Giving Necro's wraithform spell will be a good start.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Area contagion would be cool.

Corpse explosion.
Pets that can actually area worth something.
Pets that could deal damage.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Plus an actual decent tank. Spectres are fine against CM mobs, but fail against actual zones.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 am

Some random ideas, though honestly I don't know if these would really help much.

- Group PFU.
- Area Contagion
- Make rain of blood have a (high %) chance to slow mobs.
- Make Boneshatter bash more consistent like spook.
- Make heal song/gheal work on pets who are not grouped, so wights can be used as melee damage against stuff.
- Make Vamp Curse work either as an area or targeted spell. Its useless in groups because A: Your fighting a bunch of mobs with area damage or B: Your fighting one mob that dies faster than you can land the spell, or the mob doesn't present a threat to melee classes that would need the healing. I dont think it works on dragons either, the one type of mob that actually has the HP to last long enough.

I think if we go down the road of making Necro's do good damage we'll never stop hearing about how Lichs need PWB :X, you know what I mean?

Unfortunately I can't find many d&d necromancy spells that would translate to good group assets here that are not already covered by another class better, but something needs to be done to this class. They already were fairly useless in a group prior to Soul Walk, and the adjustments to res fatigue have further undermined their use. This was my first class to 50 and about the only thing positive I can say about it is that its the 2nd best botting class (Next to Lich) and presents a fun challenge for someone who wants to build an automated xp machine. I suppose you might get to do tia someday as a necro, although you'll never actually fight anything.

// Post Count +1
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:56 am

Ability to have your mobs eat corpses int he room or something to get buffs or heal.
Making Contagion land more would be nice.
Does blackmantle work? Sometimes I see a black aura dissipate, sometimes I see "has no effect" or some shit like that.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”