Poll - removal Good / Evil group restrictions

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Good / Evil Grouping restrictions should be removed

Yes (I am open to it/support the concept)
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 51
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Poll - removal Good / Evil group restrictions

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm not looknig to bring people back. I'm just trying to save what's left and possibly revive some evilrace only zones
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:43 am

I originally voted no. Upon reading this thread again I changed my vote to yes. The reason is that the mud needs to reflect it's players. There has not been any substantial renewal of the pbase over the past several years, and so the game is left with a few 30 something year old players with jobs, kids etc. To be a top mud you need guys in their late teens and early 20's who have nothing better to do but kill huge chunks of time - and that is just not going to happen here. I suspect that most people who still play, or for that matter people like me who don't play but still visit the bbs, do so for mostly social reasons. If the mud wants to reflect it's current pbase, it will get rid of group restrictions so that the remaining players can all interact.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:...
Well, except elves, but elves can get to level 54 and can tank all evilrace players at the same time; oh and they have awesome (the best?) mem times.

I guess you forgot that Yarash proved Drow have better memtimes! It's on his page.

As for the imposed segregation of good/evil, all I can say is 'WHY'?! For those who wish to RP, nobody is forcing you to group with goodies. There's no real RP in this mud now. It's been dying, in fact it's asystole. The point of any game is to have a choice. Just because I wish to be a race, for whatever reason, doesn't mean I buy into the ideology of said race's RP. It shouldn't be imposed. It should be by choice. Clearly this Pbase is on its last leg, opening another door isn't going to hurt anything. Hell, in a zone that isn't raining down incendiaries, trolls would be the tank of choice. They're hardly a breath behind in drow/grey/yuan agility.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:33 am

i think the only people who should have grouping restrictions are those who pray to gods

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”