Useful XP ?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Useful XP ?

Postby Thilindel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:06 am

Would like to suggest that per 5% past level 50, one would be able to exchange said 5% for a practice of one of the stubborn skills, such as assassinate. Truly there is a problem with the current system. Given there are numerous characters with max experience, and can't even res, this would help to give xp some meaning beyond 50.
Malia
Sojourner

Re: Useful XP ?

Postby Malia » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Not a bad Idea but 5% is silly at best... if your gonna trade % for a skill notch id suggest more like 1000% for a single skill notch.. 5% takes someone all of 5min to make. Work for your notches dont just get em handed to you.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't buy into the guy who wrote the code all those years back, with college kids in mind, that skills are not set with the level. Not quite sure why there's xp, to get the levels and raise caps for the skills...then there's the skill practice. And for mind-destroying, sitting on your ass, a.k.a. 'assassinate', I just don't get it. I spent the last few weeks toying with the top 4 muds listed, none of them have such an annoying system as per skills not directly related to level. The relative worst of those four, was that one mud made you get a book of '(skill)' to read. Still that was nothing as taking months and in some cases, years for assassinate type skills.

1000% seems as far fetched to me as 5% did for you. Yeah, for rogues, 5% is nothing. But unless someone sat and spammed skills already for assassinate, pick locks, find traps, etc, there's a LOT of consumption even at 5% to max. For those of us who have families and careers well in front of casual mudding, the current skill system is categorically flawed. I'm not at all trying to hold 5% as a standard, as it was just a random number being put forth.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Shrug not 1000% but at least 500% or at least make it skill oriented... for assassinate notch it should be 1000% per point. Not that I play rogue or anything
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

XP grind more to skill notch? Seems silly to me.

I say we remove the cap on pracing skills with plat, or at least raise it, and let people dump coins if they want to speed prac their power leveled alts. Plat sinks = good, time sinks = bad.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 pm

wasn't saying xp further, just to get to use the surplus that already exists. I just wish shev would directly take this on instead of letting it be a rider on the 2.0 bill, per se.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 am

Botef wrote:XP grind more to skill notch? Seems silly to me.

I say we remove the cap on pracing skills with plat, or at least raise it, and let people dump coins if they want to speed prac their power leveled alts. Plat sinks = good, time sinks = bad.

qft
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:08 am

Given how many endless threads about problems or quirks are always ignored, compounded with Shev and invisible Cyric (was he ever really visible?) - I think they gave up on the mud. No updates. Dug, callarduran, annam, etc have kept the shirttails off the poo for now, but when they part ways, like Eilistraee did *which is a damned shame, look at all Eilistraee did for this mud*

So many ranger threads ignored.
So many everything ..only followed with a pop in 'hey what do you recommend' despite the entire thread being full of suggestions. Very very disheartening.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:31 am

Really? I mean really? Thil we get more requests then Santa Claus. If this was my full time job, and I was actually you know.. GOOD at coding I still couldn't get around to all the requests. I think we're doing great, if you'd like productivity to improve I suggest either helping yourself, or finding me an army of helper elves.

Dugmaren
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 am

I wasn't saying anything negative about you guys keeping the mud up whatsoever. I was talking about the years of ranger threads, and other chronic issues that shev doesn't do anything to address. That, and not showing up but once per couple months. No Cyric. No Shar. Eilistraee was the only other very high guy that clearly ended on bad terms. That itself is a huge shame. He did a ton for the mud. Went from full time to gone..or extreme incognito. Let alone his wife played here too. It certainly seemed like he was gone possibly cuz of Shev's not being here. I'd love to help if I had time. Again, I only was addressing stuff like Cyric promising new class/race (several years ago) then Shev saying 'that was premature. Much like 2.0's announcement.

I definitely am glad you and the other admin/coders are around to fix and keep it going. No intent of insinuating or dismissing any of your efforts. Just the Forgers' lack of visibility/activity. Those ranger threads been out for years.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Okie, well just to re-iterate it every couple months or so - if anyone has areas input they'd like to contribute in the form of new zones, new quests, some form of balancing spreadsheets, making shops across the realms worthwhile for more then just consumables or balancing their costs, re-vitalizing old zones etc. drop me an email. Whatever strikes you as necessary and interesting! Further admin might be taking requests, only sticky part is code because of the trust it requires, but ya never know!

Dugmaren
dugmaren.toril@gmail.com
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:53 pm

I asked you about adding content to CM and you denied! How's that coming along.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 am

pfft when? All I have from you is a GC update proposal from 21/07/09. How's THAT going?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 am

GC? Add GD in there too :) Could upgrade or alter the faeriekind cloak? Pretty big quest since size got changed.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 am

Dugmaren wrote:pfft when? All I have from you is a GC update proposal from 21/07/09. How's THAT going?

lol true dat.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”