RPQ Sphere - Applications & Discussion

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

RPQ Sphere - Applications & Discussion

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:20 am

I think everyone would like to see the RPQ sphere re-activated and improving our world. The details haven't been hashed out yet because I'd like to work them out with whoever will be working on it. If you are interested in giving your time to develop, act out, and manage quest story lines for everyone please fire an email to dugmaren.toril@gmail.com. The biggest criteria for acceptance will be RP experience, ability to get along with current staff members, and trust.

For everyone - what would you like to see coming from the RP sphere, what did the last group do right or need work on?

Dugmaren
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: RPQ Sphere - Applications & Discussion

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Bump
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 pm

A clearer definition of RP rewards, if any, and how a player can work towards earning them.

One off RP events tuned towards zone groups, like FNAT.

The major campaign run by the last RP sphere was pretty awesome, especially the finale zone.

RP campaigns pitting different guilds against each other (opt in), perhaps with temporary benefits or detriments as a result of a sessions outcome (limited access to special items like potions, travel portals in GH, aggro mobs outside your GH, etc).
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:41 am

I want to see alternative ways to advance your character, like being able to get points into resists or spell focus without gear.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:07 pm

The horrible rewards from the RPQ sphere were always the biggest problem it had. With everyone running around on a handful of alts, restrings aren't a big deal in the least. Especially if you were to enforce those items to remain on one character. Tiamat circlets that you can't trade between all 5 of your casters?! Oh the humanity!

Incentivize RPQ and try to maintain the standards of quality that Eil/Auril laid out and things would be pretty awesome.
Venlarin
Sojourner

Postby Venlarin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I want to see alternative ways to advance your character, like being able to get points into resists or spell focus without gear

Like the idea. Should require some permanent achievement that distinguishes that character from all or most others.
Here is a suggestion, somewhat dated, re leadership training that might allow one to qualify for improvements in the naked character
"Leadership training: People willing to lead should be able to learn about
> leading people and the basics of successful zoning. To this end there will
> be a section of the library devoted to leadership. In addition a part of the
> zone will be used for war gaming. The war gaming would be in two parts.
> Basic and mid-lvl leadership for the level 20 to level 40 would be leaders,
> and advanced leadership part one for level 40 to level 50. Advanced
> leadership level two is for level fifties only and they must have
> successfully completed the other training."
> Gaming is becoming mainstream and leadership training is aimed at having
> people here become more concerned with the well being of their compatriots
> in the group. Leaders assume that people know what they plan and so fail to
> communicate well."

People willing to spend the time to improve their leadership skill should get extra rewards, and since the skills are permanent so too the rewards.
There was also a suggestion for rewards for the leader of the month. This would be a temporary change that would be lost to the next leader.
This was a somewhat tongue in cheek suggestion aimed at making some self acclaimed leaders either put up or shut up. It could prove useful though in encouraging more people to lead zones.
Ewiril - The Librarian
BTW the Librarian is my constant rp and any suggestions made re RP seeks to further the goal of a library system on Toril created by the community for the community.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Artifacts, politics, and god favoritism would make RP sphere a lot more interesting!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 pm

lol, work'n on it brother!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm going to put in a request for my artifact of choice. 1x per day spoken word proc that ports me to the Turning Point for 6 game hours. Let's call it "The Legendary Nosering Of Temporary Deciseivness".
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”