change ooc ansi

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Turxx
Sojourner

change ooc ansi

Postby Turxx » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:35 am

change ooc ansi please
ssar
Sojourner

Re: change ooc ansi

Postby ssar » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:12 am

Yes,

Now there seems to be more staff/imms active, addreess the gcc & ooc channel usage.

Either reiterate the rules and have all imms abide by and encourage correct use (Note: NOT abusively discourage or penalize for incorrect use) AND change the ooc ansi to something appealing (or switch gcc and ooc ansi?) or adjust the rules to stipulate gcc can be ooc and let it go.
BEER
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:21 am

At its most busy, GCC traffic doesn't even come close to a real game's general chat channel.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 am

I guess i just dont understand why have to channels to ooc over.

Gcc is suposed to be for game chat only. Questions, discusions on new things like powers and spellfocus. Not for people to tell me what they had for dinner or that their dog just puked all over. I have ooc tog'd off cuz I really dont want to hear about it.

Yes, you can say just tog gcc off if you dont want to listen to it. Then i miss out on discussions and other questions about the game which i want to be part of.
I also shouldnt have to because there is already a channel for talking about whatever, Ooc.

Maybe default should be GCC off, OOC on. Since we have more admins now, some nice reminders of the rules of gcc would sure be nice and direct people to ooc.

What GCC is for:
- Discussion of ideas regarding new MUD features
- Discussion of why things are a certain way
What GCC is not for:
- Non-game related chat. GCC isn't OOC2 either.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Keep in mind that all of the staff use GCC to just say hi, and everyone saying that OOC should be used for chatting bullshits in GCC too. People chat there because its the channel people use. Its also incredibly ironic that the guy who posts a whine about admin sphere policing made this thread.

Malia wrote:What GCC is for:
- Discussion of ideas regarding new MUD features
- Discussion of why things are a certain way

Considering the rate of change around the game, do you really think that "discussing" or "proposing" changes is anything more than casual conversation? Hint: its not.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”