Shaman Spirits

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Korin
Sojourner

Shaman Spirits

Postby Korin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Ok I realize randomness kinda fits the shamanic principle, but THIS is a rp game in it's core. I don't want to rp a shaman with a boar.. or bear.. or elk.

I've made 8 shamans so far and gotten 5 bears, 2 crows and a snake. This is getting lame.

What I suggest is a simple change that still seems to follow shamanic principle, and shouldn't take too much work in the coding.

1) The spirit realm could be changed so that they are not all alike. The spirits would be the same as the ones you summon.. one of each spirit animal - bear, crow, etc.
2) The shaman would kill the spirit that they feel drawn to. That they want to RP with.. or the first one they find, depending on the player they can find their own.
3) The crystal drops would be different colors rather than just red. Each color corresponding to a spirit. That way when the shaman gives the shard to the ancient shaman they would be able to get the spirit that they found on the spirit realm.

Is it so much to ask for us to be able to choose our spirit. How many times am i going to have to grind mindlessly until I get the spirit(s) I would be willing to RP with?
~Drathlaen Winterfyre / Dronak / Sselir / Serae / Cerona / ... and my very happy [8th] shaman Bijo and her tiger! ^_^
Malia
Sojourner

Re: Shaman Spirits

Postby Malia » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 am

I agree for sure btw, it shouldnt be random =) but oh well we roll with it!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 am

I'm ok with it.. don't think we're going to end up with every shaman having the same animal type because it's the "cool" one. Convince someone else to do it though :)
Korin
Sojourner

Postby Korin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:17 pm

After some issues with a crash the other night, Dug and I were talking about this and it seems there's actually a rather easy and fast way to make this change.

As I mentioned a mob could be created (or use the actual spirit mobs maybe, or copy them) for each spirit. The crystals apparently are already independent. One for each pet. They currently all just look the same and are dropped randomly from the one spirit mob that's currently there.

So the dev interested, would just need to make the spirits and have them drop the proper crystal. Upon giving the proper crystal to the shaman we get the proper pet. So the amount of work is actually pretty minimal.

I'm not sure exactly how to talk to each dev to find out who wants to do it. For the moment I guess I'll just try to send tells directing them to this thread and one can post here when they want to knock it out. If anyone knows better ways (emails they use n such) I'd be glad to email them and find out who wants to.

PM me or talk to me in the game, I'm usually on in the evenings.
~Drathlaen Winterfyre / Dronak / Sselir / Serae / Cerona / ... and my very happy [8th] shaman Bijo and her tiger! ^_^
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:12 am

I felt the same when I first got my spirit boar. But I am glad I got Bacon, personally I like it random, alot of people would probably pick the same kind of spirit, this just makes you change things up a bit I don't like everyone having the same spirit I mean I couldnt make fun of those fabulous spirit ponies anymore. In my opinion keep it random!
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Out of interest which super cool spirit are you trying to get?
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 pm

shalath wrote:Out of interest which super cool spirit are you trying to get?

I want the spirit Chuck Norris. But he's ultra rare.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Pril wrote:

I want the spirit Chuck Norris. But he's ultra rare.

But you would fail summon spirit every time! Nobody summons Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris summoned the world. That's why we're here.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:35 am

Chuck Norris summoned your thoughts in having you post said Norrisitis!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Silvanus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Silvanus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 am

Totem quest revised.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 am

A spirit Three-Toed Sloth is, of course, the epitome.
A spirit Drop-Bear would be cool, as would a spirit Yowie.
Someone else mentioned a spirit Gerbil which would also have obvious "other benefits".

Seriously, thanks for tweaking it Imms!
BEER
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:50 am

would really enjoy existing shamans to have a quest or be allowed to request to change their totem animal.

Thanks
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”