More or different class options for some races

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
denna39
Sojourner

More or different class options for some races

Postby denna39 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

I would like to - at some point - play races like the Barbarians and the Ogres and the Trolls

But....it seems kind of boring that - if I were to play all 3 - then I'd be forced to only play as a warrior or a shaman. Couldn't there be more options for those races? Couldn't some of them be rogues or elementalists? Orcs get 2 classes all to themselves!

In general I've noticed that certain races get many options while some only get a few. Why is that?

Give the (non-orc) uglies some love! :-)
Fumoc the Dwarven Warrior

Currently - Exploring the Temple of Helm outside Scardale. Dang there sure are a lot of Orcs here. What, you want me to get you something? How about I give you HOT DEATH!!!!
Malia
Sojourner

Re: More or different class options for some races

Postby Malia » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Barbarians being less intelligent dont get the option of mage/rogue classes, where as brute strength and tribal would get warrior/shaman. Trolls and ogres fit into this stereotype too.

I dunno might be intresting to see ogre or troll or barbarian mage. take into acct the int isseus and double memtimes or something but make it an option. Problem is most people try to play best race/class combo. I know i do for sure and i try to play strenghts of each race/class to the best of my ability.

They gave us the option of dwarf ele, drow illu, half-elf warrior.

I have seen 1 half-elf warrior, 1 dwarf ele and a few drow illu 1 making it to 50 and a few mid 40's. People just dont want to play classes that arent opitmal.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
denna39
Sojourner

Re: More or different class options for some races

Postby denna39 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 pm

OK, I see what you're saying. I'm more the type of player who likes to play options that are a little off-the-beaten-path myself....sometimes :-)

Still, it seems like even illiterate warrior society like barbarians (or trolls or ogres) would have some form of rogues or rangers.... rogues representing warriors who circle around and look for an opening, and rangers representing scouts who patrol to keep the settlement safe from attack. I don't think those would be out of character. Perhaps not optimal, tho'
Fumoc the Dwarven Warrior

Currently - Exploring the Temple of Helm outside Scardale. Dang there sure are a lot of Orcs here. What, you want me to get you something? How about I give you HOT DEATH!!!!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”