New Druid Spell

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
TeamOne
Sojourner

New Druid Spell

Postby TeamOne » Mon May 02, 2011 8:23 pm

While playing I noticed that druids have the spell bless. In most games (paper and computer) including D&D which this game is based on. Druids have the spell "Natures Blessing" which works similiar to the bless spell but is based more along the lines of a druidic theme. I have noticed that most spells for druids are either more effective outdoors and in forests or can't be cast inside at all.

I suggest that bless be removed and replaced with Natures blessing. Making it similiar to other spells that if cast in a forest/outdoor setting you receive a bigger bonus while indoors the affects are diminished like the other druid spells. Most versions I have seen give a bonus to hit. Some give a small Charisma bonus. I would also suggest that if cast in a forest setting if gives a bonus armor or something along those lines.

Anyway, I just wanted to put the idea out there for discussion.

thank you.
Kindi
Sojourner

Re: New Druid Spell

Postby Kindi » Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 pm

rangers have natures blessing
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: New Druid Spell

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Sure, rangers have it. That's not what he's asking though. It would make sense, (even though we're talking about nature's blessing) given ranger's barkskin is weaker than a druid's, that since rangers get NB, then not only should druids, but not the watered down version as per barkskin's ranger vs. druid. Conversely, paladin's get the cleric's bless just the same. Not a whole lot of linear conclusions here.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”