sharkskin items

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Todrael
Sojourner

sharkskin items

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 pm

These weren't updated, and now seem completely out of whack when compared to mage item hps for the same slots.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:31 pm

But compare sharkskin eq to the other rogue usuable gear out there and you will see that it isn't all that. Add the fact that they are quest rewards and the quest mob loads pretty rare these days.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:36 pm

Oh please. Sharkskin items are wuss to quest, (bracers being the only possible exception) and are now overpowered when compared with much other rogue useable eq.

And I fail to see why the quest mob being rare should have too much of an impact.. Unless it's deep in some dangerous zone.

And looking at the other changes, I figure being a quest reward works against it. :P
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:56 pm

Just saying, would you always wear sharkskin over grey greens/phaerimm, fangs/baatezu, storm bracelet, spob rogue leggings, or nighthunter greaves (especially with the current stats)?

Sharkskin quests are pretty easy, but several of the items that are far superior to sharkskin are just as easy or even easier to get is all I'm saying.

Yeah I could see them downgraded to maybe 3-5 hp, but again what would be the point, it'd only hurt the average rogue player and not those with high level gear. Getting 48 hp at the cost of 40 AC, 2 hit, 3 dam, 22 int, and 6 max_dex etc. doesn't seem like a big deal to me...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:21 pm

Kaede wrote:Just saying, would you always wear sharkskin over grey greens/phaerimm, fangs/baatezu, storm bracelet, spob rogue leggings, or nighthunter greaves (especially with the current stats)?

Heh, considering what you have to give up for nighthunter greaves, they'd better be an improvement over sharkskin.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:24 pm

What are the Nighthunter greaves stats now? I am at work and won't be on the mud for a few days.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:49 pm

hate to break it to you but nighthunter greaves quest is wuss. there's no reason they should be 3dam
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:25 pm

With the last reboot, sharkskin items are now downgraded too, FYI.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:50 pm

Gura wrote:hate to break it to you but nighthunter greaves quest is wuss. there's no reason they should be 3dam

Here, Here!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:34 pm

Oh, and why did the leggings, eyepatch, and boots all keep their hps but downgraded while the bracers lost their hps? That seems really silly when the bracers are probably the hardest of all the quests. If it's because you didn't want to make them better than the less class restricted wrist razors then shame on you!
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:26 am

bracers fixed soon

edit: clarified bracers

Return to “Object Changes”