Thick addie

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Vahok
Sojourner

Thick addie

Postby Vahok » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:38 pm

Didn't think this one should have been touched. Only thing they are good for now is dragging, since they have no other stats besides +max str.
More "just in case" eq to clutter up the bags. It's not like they were elite eq as is...
Meatshield
Oosh
Sojourner

Postby Oosh » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:59 pm

great, now we get to listen to mid level ogre warriors complain more..
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:02 pm

corps glamor..nuff said
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:29 pm

I have looked at all my warriors gear. And this is the item I undersand the least.

If you want it to be an item that should just be in a bag and used for drag then it could just be no ac an the str.

But, the level it was made it wearable. Especially for those that notch on the strength.

I will bag it now. if it just got the old 8 ac and the str then i think i would wear it again. (trolls benefit from 104 str a lot).
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:10 am

I agree in that I liked the old stats. Was kinda nifty mid-level eq, even if not used just for dragging.

However, I assume it lost its stats because Jot has so much eq and there just isn't that many points to go around. So, as I don't have any ideas what else is deserving a downgrade in Jot, I don't see a way to fix this item.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:01 am

Any chance these could change to ac 8 1 dam or so and just drop the max_str they had?

They were fun, but far from elite before and max str serves no purpose at all now that hit/dam got nerfed.

As the stats are now I'm embarassed to have done jot twice to get them and would not pick them up off the ground if doing jot again.

It just seems quite silly that a zone like jot drops warrior eq you'd never be able to wear on a warrior if you wanted to complete the zone since they now are too horrible ac wise to replace even nightshades.
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:23 am

So much for trying to get maxstr gear so that elves actually can drag people... :/
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:47 am

Corpse Glammor now gives necros and illusionists a zone spot. :)
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:15 am

If your taking necro and Illu to fill a "corpse glamor" slot in your group.. you need to look at 1) the skills of that class again, both have alot better uses, 2) filling out your group with diffrent priorities..

Thick addies were used to notch str for more crits and more importantly for corpse dragging when the illu cant get into the area cuz its got 6-10 mobs standing over the corpse.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:44 am

3) You need to return to 3rd grade and learn what sarcasm is Malia.

I have an illusionist gathering dust in the inn, I'm well aware of what they can and can't do from playing one and observing others, probably more so than you since Elders whines they never spank anymore, zones are too easy, and therefore wouldn't need to drag off of 6-10 mobs.

Thick addies used to be useful for just the things you mentioned. USED to. Now at ac 2, 0 dam, 4 max_str, they're useful for..... jack.....and shit..... besides throw away eq for dragging with a weak race. Clearly worth doing a zone like jot and bidding in first round, no?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:30 pm

torkur wrote:Elders whines they never spank anymore, zones are too easy, and therefore wouldn't need to drag off of 6-10 mobs.

You got that shit right. We ain't never dead, glorishan style.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:32 pm

As much as the corpse glamor spot appeals to me, anyone think that since the thick addy loaded with so much other eq, it got dg'd to increase some other items?

Return to “Object Changes”