Bard instruments

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
rylan
Sojourner

Bard instruments

Postby rylan » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:16 am

Did bard instruments get passed over by accident? For example, lyre of the svalich minotaur still has no stats, so the newbie lyre is better. Rosewood Mandolin is still !ID so we can't tell if its any good or has stats or not.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:07 am

Some bard instruments changed. For example, Lyre of Amberyl now has a non-zero stutter (maybe it did before, but I remember 0 stutter and haven't bothered to look up old stats). Rosewood mandolin was +Cha and +max_cha, and is still that, but I think it's a little less +max_cha. Lyre of Svalich sucked on Soj3, actually, so having no stats may just be a different way of sucking.
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:22 am

They didn't miss Faelarae's lute with the downgrade stick, despite it being a 1% rare or something on a super hard fight and the only instrument with 'good' stats in the game.

Instruments in general need to be seriously looked at. I know Itchy did a lot of work on them, but jeez :(
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:27 pm

Found some more oddly stated instruments... for example some stuff that you can buy in shops in various places (particularly harps) have better stats than the lyre of svalich minotaur (which I don't think you can currently get anymore due to bloodstone being destroyed). And the newbie lyre still has better stats for quality/stutter than anything else I've seen :P

Return to “Object Changes”