Quest items and Zone Items

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Quest items and Zone Items

Postby Zoldren » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:29 pm

Need to be adjusted by 2 seperate scales of mesurment.

instead of uber global changes with 1 "formula" use 2 formuals 1 for quests 1 for zone eq

zone eq current formula
quest eq, zone + rare% + fight + whutever else = stats.

blanketing them both together is not balanced.
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:25 pm

As i understand it quest items do have their own method of calculating, i think the problem comes in cause you only get full value for the hardest item in the quest to get and diminished value for the rest. My guess is thats so that people can't have an oober item coming from a bunch of mundane items. Unfortunately it seems to give poor results on some quests from what i can tell. So maybe the quest item calculation can be reworked some.
Lil
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:36 am

you gotta admit though, that some items you get from questing aren't quite worth giving up items for now

such as elfskin boots, the scorps mask and power gaunts didn't change, those 2 items alone are better than the boots now, what gives?

i hear the same is true for the war conquest items, i can't really say with accuracy on this, but i am questing one of them and i know the stats of most if not all the eq's used in em didn't change

Return to “Object Changes”