Toril. EQ and zones that have defined our existence

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
kiryan
Sojourner

Toril. EQ and zones that have defined our existence

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:31 am

There are some things that are game defining and just should never lose their status. They have always defined toril/sojourn

JOT including Invasion, Surtur and Twilgiht

ROOTS including Roots belt

CC / BRASS / FIREPLANE

Tiamat, Kern, Erlan (*cough*)

Can we try to have some of the relics of the past around in the future? Its like playing a brand new game, the lets go do musphelim and spob 10,000 times game.

Our lust after these items have defined 8+ years of playing here and any old timer can come back and identify with the new players simply through these items.

Put that shit back to the same status that it has always enjoyed as elite gear. FirePlane hasn't been right since haste cloak was removed.

I appreciate what you all are trying to do, but can we avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Deleting Musphelim and SPOB eq would go a long way towards achieving "balance" than the raping you gave our tried and true foundations.

(oh and yes i do realize the irony of the above and my sig below considering that jot did get a substantial nod in terms of upgrades and other eq downgraded.)
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:23 am

I completely agree. Invasions, in general, need to have massive extra points associated with them, enough to make them best-in-class items.

Roots is such a unique zone, it'll just be ignored now, unless someone makes it part of a quest.

CC is fun, but needs a difficulty upgrade if you want better stuff from there.

Brass needs to be finished and upgraded. There should be a reason to do FP, I guess earrings are decent these days though..

Long quests should also get massive bonus points (kern/erlan/etc)
I coulda sworn that these changes were supposed to make us want to do fun-but-neglected zones, instead of making us MORE likely to neglect the fun old zones.

The love needs to be spread around more. Move items from zone to zone if you have to, but make at least one worthwhile item in each high-level zone.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:06 pm

Omrec, Muspel invasion already has way too many points, judging by the items it produces. I think that's one thing most everybody can safely say shouldn't be upgraded.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Vari
Sojourner

Postby Vari » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:08 pm

Ok everyone has same bitch about eq and zones. Why cant we put random load eq through out all the zone so now you might not know where item X loads every boot and maybe that will help get ppl into zones they wouldn’t normally run to because the eq isn’t elite enough there for them to tread their godly feet on. Ppl here know just about where ever peace of elite eq loads. Let’s put some fun in it all and have it load random world wide. And no that’s not every peace some eq is a peace that need to come for its place but there’s some other stuff that could become random loads.
goroz
Sojourner

Postby goroz » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:27 pm

Thats a rather interesting idea.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:33 pm

oh, random global rare eq loads. i like! not just in the "filler" zones, but they could be ANYWHERE! very neat!

This is not a solution to the problem at hand imho, but definately a decent addition to the fun.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:33 pm

oh, random global rare eq loads. i like! not just in the "filler" zones, but they could be ANYWHERE! very neat!

This is not a solution to the problem at hand imho, but definately a decent addition to the fun.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:36 pm

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:20 pm

not sure you want to do the random loading thing.

It'll shift the zoning balance towards fast zones versus hard or unique zones.

It'll introduce more of the frustrations associated with Everquest camping to the game.

It is an interesting idea... but not a good idea for a global change.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:06 am

Vari - This isn't Diablo. Also, do you know what a rogue is?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “Object Changes”