Erlan rewards

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Dalar
Sojourner

Erlan rewards

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:07 am

pestilence - lame
chalice - MR doesn't do anything
fumes - storm bracelet is much better
medallion - please add ac to this
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:43 am

Swiftwind - please add back in (change the proc).
:)
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:08 am

fumes needa be 4dam. pestilence needs to be 8d4 5/5 and the rest of the crap i could care less about :) enjoy
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:54 am

can u make pestilence tradeable for a swiftwind

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:44 am

fumes - storm bracelet is much better

So sad, taking the classic drool toy bracelet of all melee characters in the game (even with the crappy -max con) and making it sub par to an easy to get bracelet.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:10 pm

1 SPOB run (~3 hrs) > Erlans (months)
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:37 pm

I saw the stats and this indeed does have to be a mistake. What a absolute waste of time and effort, not to mention some of the equipment that you pump into the quest in order to get this pile of utter crap that is more or less worthless on all fronts. Good job area wanks!
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:54 pm

Calm down people :P
Calling the areas staff wanks is pretty low.
It's already been said that quests need looked at by the staff, so while it's good to give feedback that Erlans isn't as rewarding as perhaps it should be, it's a severe lack of gratitude to go around insulting them
If you feel so strongly delete and go play something else.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:27 pm

Don't worry Stamm, he says it with love!

Seriously though, Erlans!=worth it. Plz look at it.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:34 pm

it's not that. any player who plays the game would understand that quest system needed looking at WAY before calculating the stats. this is just another example of why gods should talk to high level players who have actually spent time doing a ton of quests. klandan, ssissu, ssissiv, molor, lilithelle, alurissi etc.

as for stats...

greyhome gaunts - can you swap pfc with pfa (pfc is overdone) and change the sv breath (svbr is overdone) to sv para or petri or sv spell? anything but breath
chalice - this is priest only and you're asking players to trade 1 MR (i've been told MR isn't cumulative either) for 4-5 maxwisdom. MR doesn't even work according to some players
fumes - add haste or something :P
pestilence - imho procs aren't good unless they have a high damage effect or a debuff
medallion - can the agi be swapped out for a save and ac be added? if not, just ac? or possibly maxagi? +stat items are going to be weak with the new roller

also can you make pestilence tradeable with swiftwind?

The final quest was entertaining. Good job to whoever made it.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:03 pm

any feedback from gods?

Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:47 pm

Or make greyhomes +3 +3 or +3 +2 ;)
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:53 pm

Shargaas said that they were debating quest rewards, so I guess there's a chance something might happen.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:02 am

*bump*

Please look into this, esepecially fumes, chalice should be magable again, and make gaunts roguable :) Spanks!

-Talsor :shock:
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:40 am

nogs, really need to make gith gaunts clericable so no-one is coaxed into giving me their greyhomes.... agree totally *touch talsor*
Klandal
Sojourner

Stat Considerations

Postby Klandal » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:23 am

This quest takes an inordinant amount of time and visits to some of the realms' hardest zones, including rares from them. Enjoyed the quest including the well-done final addition. Just a few comments on the rewards for this epic quest.

Pestilence: Please make it either nodrop or add FLOAT flag to it. Cursing it makes me cringe considering it's already 7d3. Being able to trade it in for Swiftwind would be a bonus. By the way, the bracelet was cursed and not this sword. Perhaps it was done backwards? Please look into it. :)

Bracelet: Please either give it back 4dam or change the -maxstat to a +maxstat. There is no reason easier-to-get bracelets have better stats, including another 3dam PLUSmaxstat with ac item.

Gauntlets: Honestly, I could see these being useful against Tiamat where +hit and -svbr are high priority for hitters. However, at the moment these are simply that: situational gear. Very few hitters would prefer these over several other hand options, especially with them being nothief. Consider adding +dam with slightly less -svbr.

Chalice: Cleric only now... interesting. No-dwarf too... there goes half the cleric population from using it, oh well. As Dartan said, ONE mr < 4-5maxwis. The cleric classes that are able to use it will only do so as PFG while they're waiting in style on smoke to go elsewhere. With the extremely low number of cleric items with mr or pfg, I might actually shift gear to make up for the 4-5maxwis and lost notch IF it had higher mr.

Medallion: Fairly nice new reward. It does need some ac and lower maxagi or sv_ would be preferred. Yes, if you're missing an agi notch it might mean you gain ac wearing this, but only a shot at adding up to the 10ac neckguards would give you along with svsp. One of the only items I could see not changing and be content with as is.

Thanks again for taking the time to bring such a time-honored quest back into the realms.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:34 pm

Make pestilence 1h. 'Nuff said!

Return to “Object Changes”