eyeball earring

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Dalar
Sojourner

eyeball earring

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:43 pm

Please remove the !illu flag on it. It makes no sense to me imho. I'm betting Cherzra did it so Corth could never wear it.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
belleshel
Sojourner

Re: eyeball earring

Postby belleshel » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:46 pm

Dalar wrote:I'm betting Cherzra did it so Corth could never wear it.

I thought you said it made no sense...;)
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:13 am

rofl thats funny
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:10 am

and probably so true
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:53 pm

I also have no clue why its flagged !dwarf and !duergar? Unless there was a story behind the quest to make it this way its pretty much pointless to have racial restrictions as well. I can understand if the earring was alignment restrictive but not race. Anyway maybe this can be looked at too.

Crumar.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:34 am

I suggest if they touch the bits (which they didn't do with the whack ones on dscale robes so why would they do it with these?) the change be !goodrace!

Thank you, please drive through.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:09 am

lame joke dizzin. it's !dwarf/duergar because beholders hate dwarves/duergars? i don't know. alot of cherzra's zone doesn't make sense anyways

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:18 am

As for the !illus part, you could rationalize it that the "true seeing" magic of the beholder's eye runs counter to the basic illusory powers of an illusionist and is therefore distateful for them. Of course, you can rationalize just about everything in this game in one way or another.

But I agree, Cherz made it so Corth would never wear it. And all of hulburg is anti-duergar for some reason. Dont know whyever for. Especially considering drow are immune, even though there are specific hunters after drow there.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:49 am

yea that's what i thought but then again 1k headband should be of the same nature.

Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:02 pm

Lots of people ask for more racial/class restrictions on equipment. Lots and lots of people. So not everyone looks the same. Then when they get put in, everybody says 'why the hell does this have this restriction? it makes no sense!' All I can say is, I'm sure the area maker had a reason, even if you don't agree with it.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:36 pm

Todrael wrote:Lots of people ask for more racial/class restrictions on equipment. Lots and lots of people. So not everyone looks the same. Then when they get put in, everybody says 'why the hell does this have this restriction? it makes no sense!' All I can say is, I'm sure the area maker had a reason, even if you don't agree with it.

yea we know the reason. cherzra just didn't want corth to wear it.

mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:40 pm

Dalar wrote:
Todrael wrote:Lots of people ask for more racial/class restrictions on equipment. Lots and lots of people. So not everyone looks the same. Then when they get put in, everybody says 'why the hell does this have this restriction? it makes no sense!' All I can say is, I'm sure the area maker had a reason, even if you don't agree with it.

I think todrael are talking about race/class restrictions in general here and not the eyeball earring specific.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:43 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:
Dalar wrote:
Todrael wrote:All I can say is, I'm sure the area maker had a reason, even if you don't agree with it.

I think todrael are talking about race/class restrictions in general here and not the eyeball earring specific.

i think he was talking about eyeball earring specific.

Return to “Object Changes”