Downgrade SPOB

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!

Downgrade SPOB

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 58
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:11 am

Nod, my apologies on the dice. I was misinformed. And yeah, I agree that with weapons, the proc is pretty much everything, but still at 4d6 4/4 it tops out every other weapon in plain dice/hit/dam.

I've heard the proc is semi-lame. But no one talks about it, so who knows for sure. It might not be a battle proc, but a lot of avenger's procs aren't battle procs, and that doesn't make them any less sought after.

Shrug! Regardless, still off the point of too much good stuff from 1 zone. And my apologies for helping to veer it off course.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:01 am

Mitharx, again you are talking about compairing the items in this zone to items in another zone. My argument is I don't give a crap, I agree, I think all the items in SPOB should stay as they are ___IF____ other zones reflected this balance. Right now they do not, hence the whole reason behind this post. This is not about wether or not the 4d6 axe is making a warrior too overpowered, it's about the fact every class in the game can get a full set of equipment from the zone, that is damn good. Yet other zones with 1/3 of the caliber of equipment and are almost as hard or harder get jipped.

Let's try to explain it this way.
1 piece of uber equipment costs X points!
1 uber hard fight gives X points!

End result is BC ends up with 60 points and they spend all 60 points on the equipment in a fair but downgrading measure.

Then along comes SPOB and look they earn 70 points for the zone. But wait! add up all the equipment in the zone and it = 200 points?! how did this happen?! oh nevermind lets just shrug it off cuz I allready got nice stuff from the zone and don't want to loose it!!

Starting to see? No I'm not trying to be rude but this is what most of us have been saying through the entire thread. We don't want sweeping nerfs, we don't want to yank yer pretty piece of equipment, we aren't doing this because we don't like Savras, we want __Balance___.

-ya
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:12 am

That's cool. I understand what you're saying too. I even agree. I think a good limiting and some sharing of the zoning love is in order. I just wonder how we can spread that stuff out without nerfing people.

I'd even be for cutting some eq out of the zone while letting the people who already have it keep it. No deleting, just no more people getting it. Would be interesting.

I really have no good solutions. I'm just not sure how to go about doing these changes without yanking some people around.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:30 pm

Vahok wrote:Man, I grow tired of defending my axe. It DOES NOT dwarf every 1h weapon in the game. Add the damage up people. I'm warrior, and melee is crap for me as is, and it has no combat proc. It is not the axe's fault 2h weapons got butchered. Plus the fact, we have seen one in what, eight months? So if anyone wants to point a finger, I've got one I'm pointing right now...

I dont want your axe nerfed, I want it to stay the same. But I want other weapons to come in that are better than it. And 2hand weapons to have alot better dice than it. How bout we use the SPoB axe as a point of reference, and when all is said and done it should be an above average but nothing special weapon with the stats it has now, and there should be items out there with better dice and better bonuses, or similar stats and better procs. If the swords hit harder melee hits harder after all:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:32 pm

Agree Thanuk.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:25 am

Go read my weapondice/melee ideas thread in Ideas! =) hehe
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:33 am

we goin for the most responses here??
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:34 am

this thing is still alive? i thought they got the idea already
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'

Return to “Object Changes”