Something you all need to think about

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Werg
Sojourner

Something you all need to think about

Postby Werg » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:58 pm

Do you guys actually think the imms are out to ruin this mud? Do you think they are trying to make everyone angry and cause them to quit? Or do you think they are doing their best to make this a fun mud for everybody?

Some of the posts I've read are completely rediculous. I'm sure you're mad that your sought after eq has been downgraded. You may not know or understand the reason, but you have to realize there WAS a reason. Perhaps it was taken to an extreme in some cases, perhaps not. But it is obvious that the imms care and want to make this mud as fun as possible. They are players just like the rest of us and if you trolls this BBS, you will see how much they are actually listening to us. I've been on this mud for about 10 years now, and never have the Imms been this concerned with the players.

You guys need to think about these things, calm day a little bit, and maybe wait and see what happens. And try having just a little bit of faith. By reevaluating these changes, they are admitting that they may have made a few mistakes. I respect that. This mud has changed so many times, and look where it's at now, it's much more balanced than it used to be. Anybody here remember when a change went in before that seemed to have completely ruined the mud, but looking back, it actually did make it better? The mud is much more balanced now, and they are just trying to improve on that. Sit back.. have a beer. Nothing is set in stone. Things will change again, wait and see.

Disclaimer: This is now way is meant to come across as brown nosing, which I'm sure I will get flamed for. I'm just tired of people acting like that imms want to ruin the mud, cuz I know I would spend countless hours trying to ruin something I put so much time in money into.

*edited to avoid flames and post getting off topic (thank nukie :P)
Last edited by Werg on Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanuk
Sojourner

Re: Something you all need to think about

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:02 pm

Werg wrote: Anybody here remember when a change went in before that seemed to have completely ruined the mud, but looking back, it actually did make it better? *sorcerers*cough

I agree with the point you're trying to make here, but is this really the example you want to use?:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:03 pm

well, maybe not. But you get the point. I was on my 15 minute break and I just threw something together. :P
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:24 pm

l am 100% certain that all changes were made to ruin the mud and destroy my alts. Also, the gods get some sadistic pleasure from watching my pathetic melee efforts in zones.

Further, Shevarash was the third gunman.

The basic reason that people have responded in this manner is shock. Some of the changes really did seem completely unreasonable in hind sight. With that being said, it's easier for one person to notice the injustice in their changes rather than one person to notice the injustice in ALL the changes.

Further, melee was already weak and it was widely known on the BBS.

Most of us have faith in the imms to fix up the eq to be suitable for play. Flames have slowed and more constructive posts have started. Regardless, this is a rougher time to play because nothing you do for a little while will be a perm change and you still don't know what to do with your eq. Interesting times.

Return to “Object Changes”