EQ slots, and "power"

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

EQ slots, and "power"

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:24 pm

I had something explained to me in the relatively recent past, regarding trends in "power" of different slots. Has anyone noticed that the finger slot (or rings as most people would see them...) are the main source of PC hp's?
Why can this slot have so much more "value" than others? If there was equipment for any other slot with stats similar to the ring(s) it would EASILY be the best item for that slot.

Now here is where it gets strange. For the mostpart the "power" of the ring slot does not hold true for hitters. For the mostpart, the best items with hit/dam for these slots are considerably less powerful in comparison.
I do realize comparing hitter eq to caster eq is a stretch in specifics, but this is a gross generalization.

Why make a ring so powerful? why not use the on body or about body or belt slots for this "most powerful" slot, if even have one at all!

Just seems silly that rings house all the "power"
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:39 pm

phft... somebody obviously hasn't seen The Lord of the Rings.

sshhaaawww
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:37 am

personally I think swords should have more hit dam than rings and necklaces too :9... shrug, maybe just me :P
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:02 pm

Single slot items have more leeway than double slot items. . I think =)

Lost

Return to “Object Changes”